Automation Tester - Commerce Experience Required
The individual should possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills and have an eye for detail. We require a highly-motivated individual with well-developed interpersonal skills. You will be the automation tester in a team of testers working on a new client engagement. You will be involved in the identification, writing, debugging and execution of automated tests and where necessary manual tests. The programme covers a headless development approach and requires experience of testing API's using frameworks such as RestAssured.
The applicant will be system testing on new projects, ideally within the retail sector and be proficient in Java, Selenium Web Driver and Cucumber and have experience of creating automated regression packs covering both API and front end-based features. A good knowledge of Java is essential to this role and the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their competence in this area.You...
Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and to challenge for smarter ways of doing things; a team player proud of their work who wants to share it. You like working in a fast-paced environment and are ready to inspire outstanding online shopper experiences for consumers and brands, no matter what product, service, sector, device or channel!
You will have a customer-first mindset, with the maturity and initiative to do what it takes keep our clients happy, including some working at client locations. When our clients win - we win!The techy bit
....we need you to be really great at
If you know some of this even better!
- Recent extensive experience of experience in testing of eCommerce applications
- Hands on experience of test automation using Java and cucumber
- Knowledge and experience of working within an Agile environment
- Hands on experience of Behavioural Driven Development (BDD) (using Cucumber & Gherkin)
- Very good knowledge and proven experience in testing webservices
- Great backend testing skills - conversant in databases (DB2, Oracle), SQL knowledge (use of DB Visualiser)
- Working UNIX knowledge
- Experience of using RestAssured or an equivalent framework
- Experience of testing RESTful services
- Identify data requirements and implement tests to achieve coverage
- Experience of working within an Agile scrum team
- Recommend, implement improvements to test automation framework
- Experience in testing automation within a continuous integration environment
- Experience in source code control
- Collaborate in daily standups and work very closely with developers on the team
- Use feedback from all stakeholders to expand test scenarios
- Demonstrate ability to change direction and re-prioritise in a fast-paced team environment
- Effective interpersonal skills and a proven ability to collaborate with all stakeholders
- Attentive to detail and highly organized
Wunderman Thompson Commerce
- Retail sector experience.
- Experience of IBM Websphere Commerce, Magento, Hybris or other eCommerce platforms
- Experience of using Jira.
- Experience with Jenkins.
- Experience of using GIT
is a global Commerce consultancy that applies strategy, technical know-how and outstanding design to help its ambitious clients grow through Commerce solutions.How?
By creating inspirational and shopper journeys. It's why we work with some of the most exciting brands around such as Tempur, DFS, Domino's, Boots, Xerox Sainsbury's, Selfridges, Specialized and Ted Baker.Tell me more!
We're an inclusive group of more than 1500 expert thinkers and doers stationed across more than 20 global offices including our new, state-of-the-art offices in Watford, and two agency offices in Central London. Our reputation is based on having the best in the business - people who are inspired yet straight-talking, and who really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about innovation in everything we do, and proud of what our people achieve, empowering and respecting every one of them.
Together, we keep our clients and their customers inspired and ahead through digital, future-ready Commerce solutions and services. When our clients win - we win.
As our business grows internationally, we're seeking new people who share our values and work ethic. We especially want to encourage more women to join, and take a key role in shaping some of the best Commerce sites and experiences in the world.
Want to find out more about us? www.wundermanthompsoncommerce.com
At Wunderman Thompson, a WPP company, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.