As a Software Development Team Leader you will help coordinate and drive team efforts to deliver software solutions.
Within our Core Systems team all systems and services are housed on a Linux operating system and primarily built around open source technologies. To process the volume of transactions on a daily basis we needed a language that was able to scale at speed. You will either be working with Golang and/or Erlang, so we are looking for people who want to explore and learn new technologies.
The day to day work is interesting, challenging and fast paced amidst a hardworking and delivery focused company ethos. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technologies greatest challenges.Main Responsibilities
Preferred Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Assisting in driving the provision of a capable, reactive, motivated and delivery focused team.
- Enforcing governance of quality, rules, standards and processes ensuring solutions meet business needs.
- Ensuring development processes are conducted in a timely fashion.
- Limiting repeated steps within the development process.
- Identifying and mitigating risk.
- Removing blockers to delivery.
- Analysing impact of change.
- Distributing knowledge and mentoring team members.
- Providing performance feedback and inputting into developer appraisals.
- Extensive commercial development experience.
- Proven track record of leading teams to delivery of high quality solutions.
- Team working skills.
- Strong technical background.
- Developing low latency, highly available and scalable solutions.
- Experience of distributed systems.
- Working on Linux and GNU utilities.
- Ability to multi task and manage multiple streams of activity, shifting focus regularly.
- Proactive and willing to contribute ideas.