Job title: Account Director - New Business and Marketing
Reports to: PR Client Partner
Salary: £40K - £50K per annum OTE
Start date: ASAP
Hours: Can be delivered either on full-time or part-time (4 days per week) basis.
Who are we?
We are 23red, an independent, award-winning creative agency on a mission to create purposeful work that transforms people's lives.
Whether it's teaching kids road safety, freeing fish from ocean plastic or creating food waste superheroes, we develop brands and campaigns that change behaviour for the better.
Tapping into cutting edge insight, expert strategic planning and award-winning creative ideas, we help leading businesses, charities and government to shift the behaviour of their audiences across a huge variety of sectors.
Our agency values are the thread through everything that we do:
• Clever - we are experts in our individual roles and strive to be the best at what we do.
• Curious - we are eager to learn and explore something new.
• Collaborative - we are independent thinkers but thrive working together towards a shared goal.
• Creative - we are always searching for imaginative and original answers, never settling for the mundane or obvious.
This is a pivotal role within the agency supporting our growth and development and you will have real opportunity for leadership and impact. You'll collaborate with team at all levels across the agency to build and deliver the new business pipeline, with responsibility for the new business function and implementation of our marketing plan.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
In new business
• take overall responsibility for the new business function and delivery of the business plan
• be first point of contact for new business and represent the agency externally
• assess all new business opportunities and recommend which ones we pursue.
• oversee the pitch/tender responses, writing some elements and ensuring the right team is assigned and scheduling leadership team involvement when required
• brief the appropriate BDs and teams to lead the responses and ensure timelines are met
• take an active role in new business plans, forecasting and reporting
• oversee the implementation of the agency's marketing plan, drawing on senior leadership team to assist in activation as needed
• take responsibility for identifying key prospects, creating an engagement plan to convert to creds opportunities
• motivate the agency to get involved in new business and marketing opportunities such as thought pieces and social content
• work with creative teams to ensure marketing materials (creds, case studies, showreels) are kept up to date
• oversee social activity and quarterly events
• work either with external PR agency or internal PR team to deliver the PR plan Manage the two members of your team, overseeing their professional development and wellbeing, identifying training needs and sharing your knowledge and expertise
Person spec - experience, skills, competencies, knowledge
• Interpersonal skills and stakeholder management - able to build relationships and successfully collaborate with team across the agency;
• Project management - a natural problem solver with the ability to think on your feet and manage multiple 'moving parts'. Proactive, highly organised and deadline driven with an ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Written skills - strong writing ability with excellent grammar and spelling. An obsessive eye for detail when originating work and proof reading.
• Communication - excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator and ability to build rapport; the ability to read a room or a person and adapt accordingly.
• Critical thinking - able to 'scratch beneath the surface' of a brief, discern what the client is asking for and assess whether our creative response addresses this. Able to assess potential opportunities against agency objectives and have an opinion on what best aligns with our mission and will add value.
• Telling a compelling story - able to adapt 23red creds to develop a story for different audiences, adjusting tone and content accordingly. Able to lead effective, engaging creds meetings with clients.
• Advanced PowerPoint - able to produce polished, professional, engaging slide decks for client presentations.
• Social media - understanding of and experience in social media marketing
• 25 days of annual leave excluding bank holidays - increases to 28 days after 3 years of service and 30 days after 5 years.
• Creative 'hub' in Covent Garden trialling a hybrid working model combining office and home-based working.
• Flexi-hours and flexible working.
• Employee Assistance Programme.
• Life Assurance.
• Permanent Health Insurance.
• Private Medical Insurance.
• Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Shared Parental Leave.
• Personal and Company Pension Contribution.
• Cultural Allowance of £240 per annum to spend on cultural experiences.
• Season ticket loan for travel.
• Cycle to Work scheme.
• Bonus scheme.
• Bursary scheme with awards up to £1,500 for training and development.
• Social events and activities.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed at 23red to creating a team that represents the rich diversity of society and we strive to create a working environment that ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We welcome all applications, especially those from individuals who are underrepresented in our industry. This includes people from ethnic minorities, LGBTQI+ people, individuals with disabilities (both seen and unseen) and people of any age and class. In considering candidates, we look for culture add rather than culture fit - we do not seek to create a homogenous culture and value the diversity of perspectives the team bring to the table.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
How to Apply
Please apply through LinkedIn or send your CV with a covering letter explaining how you meet the competency criteria for the role, to Jo Dale Ford at Jo.email@example.com
Names and other personal details, including educational establishments attended, are removed from applications before they are assessed by our diverse selection team to ensure fairness and equity.
If you would find it helpful to have an informal chat about the role, please email Jo Dale Ford and she will schedule time for you with a member of the social team.