Roku Is Changing How The World Watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the U.S., and we've set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you'll make a valuable - and valued - contribution. We're a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world, while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.About The Role
We have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Software Engineer in Test, to join our team in Cambridge.Key Responsibilities Will Include
You will be collaborating with world-class global development teams applying your finest testing expertise across a range of our state-of-the-art devices.
- Innovation of automated test development for applications developed in C/C++
- Automated test creation using Python
- Develop and maintain test infrastructure
- Data analysis and visualisation
- Utilising Test logs, KPI's and failure analysis to identify issues and fixes
You will use your multitude of skills to help both Software Engineers and QA Engineers to deal with the daily challenges that their roles present, you will suggest ways that they can improve quality and speed up their workflow using your specialist knowledge.What You'll Be Doing
We want to speak with Engineers of all levels of experience, and if you are currently working in development, with a strong interest in software quality and are open to transitioning to a test-focused or hybrid role, then we would love to hear from you.Essential Skills And Experience
We Are Excite If You Have
- Strong experience with Python and test automation frameworks
- Previous experience with Non-Functional Testing (Performance Testing, Stress Testing)
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools (Jenkins/Hudson, TeamCity, Maven, Gradle)
- Familiar with Linux systems
- Continually seek new ways to challenge software under test
- Instinctively know when a situation calls for exploratory, scripted or automated testing
- Fundamentals of defect analysis
Our unique culture
- Familiarity with automated testing tools (JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, RestAssured, SoapUI)
- Experience with Testing compatibility with Audio/Video streaming devices
- Experience in HDMI/HDCP, Wireless Networks and Bluetooth
- Mentoring less experienced Engineers and driving automation development
- Generating and presenting quantitative reports
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humour. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We're independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.