This is an incredible opportunity to work with tech startups and existing businesses going through huge transformations.
Gravitywell helps shape and deliver groundbreaking new digital products from conception to MVP and well beyond. 2021 is going to be our most exciting year yet.
The Gravitywell team is full of very smart, talented people with a genuine passion for new ideas and delivering the best possible products.
It's vital that you're keen to explore new technology and how it may contribute to some of our projects, both clients' and internal. We're constantly learning and evolving ourselves and our work.Responsibilities
- Competently handling the development process, both solo and as a part of a team
- Working with designers on UI/UX for web & apps
- Quickly turning conceptual designs/layouts into wireframes and front-/back-end prototypes
- Producing specs and staying on top of project documentation
- Deploying and maintaining live sites and apps
- Training and generally supporting clients where necessary
- Developing your own skills and knowledge to meet project needs
- Joining in with support for existing projects
- Experience with Typescript code standards and practices
- Experience with modern frontend technologies (React, HTML5, CSS, JS, Webpack, Babel, ES6, etc)
- Experience with RESTful API services
- Experience with micro-service API architecture
- Experience with SQL databases and NO-SQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Familiar with or have experience with frontend and backend test suites such as Jest, Cypress, etc.
- Familiar with or a willingness to learn CI/CD principles
- Familiar with or a willingness to learn Containerized run-times (Docker)
- Familiar with or a willingness to learn Infrastructure as code (AWS CDK / Terraform)
- Familiar with or a willingness to learn Serverless architecture and deployment
- Familiar with or a willingness to learn AWS and associated components such as EC2, IAM, Lamda, etc.
- Familiar with common source control repositories such as GitHub and Bitbucket
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
Nice to have:
- Experience with React Native
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience with integrating payment systems such as Stripe, Opayo, etc.
- Experience with task management systems such as Monday, Jira, etc.
At least a basic understanding of common Adobe CC apps
A keen attention to detail and the ability to plan!
The ability to switch focus to respond to project demands during busy times
The ability to produce high-quality work within a project management framework and to deadlines
Must be able to manage and organise your own workload
You can work well within a team, contributing and collaborating to our projects and ideas, but still think independently
Know when something has to be done, and what must be cut if time is short
Passion and enthusiasm
Salary: £30-50,000 per annum (depending on experience) when working full time (37.5 hours a week)
Location: Bristol areaWhy join our team?
We collaborate as a tight and focused team but the atmosphere is familial and highly supportive. Overtime is extremely rare, the hierarchy is flat and everyone takes individual responsibility for their work.
We're serious about always improving ourselves, learning more and trying out new things. We reserve time each year for week-long Hackathons where we put all our skills and techniques to the test.
Our benefits are great too:
- Awesome amounts of annual leave and Christmas shutdown for you and your family!
- Learning & development (we are a team who help each other learn)
- Working from home
- At least one annual week-long Hackathon - previous locations have included Cornwall, Mallorca and Malaga! We run other events in Bristol during the rest of the year. Subject to COVID-19 guidance.
- The latest frameworks and technologies including your choice of Mac/PC hardware
- An awesome team of skilled, intelligent people!
Check out our website Case Studies and Insights pages for more about our work and culture.