We're re-inventing the way the world watches TV
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we've set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you'll make a valuable - and valued - contribution. We're a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers worldwide while gaining meaningful experience across various disciplines.About The Role
Roku pioneered streaming to the TV and continues to innovate and lead the industry. While we are well-positioned to help shape the future of television - including TV advertising - around the world, continued success relies on its investment in quality assurance and testing.
Roku is seeking a Senior QA Engineer for major product releases. You will be responsible for testing the new products/features in early development phases, certifying compatible partner devices, etc.
This QA Engineer position requires some understanding of software life-cycle, some experience with testing techniques, and strong written and organizational skills. In this role, you will perform an effective and organized test process that releases the highest quality product possible, and help bring those projects to market on time.
What you'll be doing
- Drive features and project to completeness
- Review product specifications
- Develop and manually execute test plans and test cases for new products/features and ensure adequate test coverage
- Develop test strategies to meet deadlines
- Drive end-to-end testing of firmware
- Capable of driving tasks and schedules to meet both development and QA requirements
- Reproduce, isolate, and debug issues, providing detailed bug reports
- Participate on the bug triage process
- Record all test results for each test suite and report on results and disseminate information to provide a high-level summary of areas tested
- Assist in the certification process for partner devices to ensure compatibility with Roku
- Interface with beta users and participate in bug triage process
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate quality testing activities.
We're excited if you have
- Minimum of 6 years Quality Assurance experience
- Solid knowledge and experience developing test plans and test cases
- Strong problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Stellar research and documentation skills
- Experience working with Smart/Digital TV (HDMI), Setup Boxes, Wi-Fi (2.4Ghz & 5GHz), TV remote controllers (Nice to have)
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent field experience
- In depth knowledge of streaming back-ends and formats (Nice to have)
The Roku culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We're independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
Hear from one of our QA team in Cambridge
Or hear directly from dozens of our Roku staff around the world at http://bit.ly/WeAreRokuVideos.