Shojin Property Partners is a fast-growing finance company that specialises in the provision of junior funding for property development and asset management opportunities.
We operate an FCA regulated investment platform which leverages technology to break down the traditional barriers to entry, enabling investors from around the world to invest in a range of institutional grade real estate opportunities within the UK.
We are looking for someone to join the origination and asset management team to help grow the business.Position and Progression
We are looking for an ambitious and entrepreneurial individual who wants to work in a fast-paced environment. We run a lean operation, and you will be given direct exposure to the full investment cycle, from sourcing, due diligence, fundraising, asset management and deal exit.
You will work between the origination and asset management sides of the business to assist with the analysis and underwriting of new investment opportunities, the oversight of live projects and investor reporting.
As we are a small team, you will receive first-hand exposure and be expected to progress quickly to become a key member of the origination and asset management team with a degree of autonomy to source and manage your own investments.Roles/Responsibilities
- Sourcing of new investment opportunities and business development
- Initial screening of new opportunities
- Build/modify financial appraisals
- Undertake sensitivity and scenario analysis
- Undertake due diligence for new investment opportunities
- Prepare and present investment materials for investors
- Assist with structuring of investment opportunities to ensure the necessary risks are quantified and mitigated
- Formulate regular research reports on the UK real estate market
- Assist with asset management and oversight of live deals
- Identify any critical issues regarding asset performance
- Assist with financial monitoring of live deals and reforecasting of investor returns
- Assist with the overall strategy of the origination team
The above gives a snapshot of the typical responsibilities you will have, however it is not limited and you will be expected to assist where necessary to help the team.Skills, experience and education
What we offer
- Undergraduate degree with a minimum 2:1
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in real estate lending, investment or advisory
- Strong excel and financial modelling skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Fluent in English
- Flexible, responsive and ambitious
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to think outside the box
Start date: Immediate
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Exposure to the full investment cycle
- Opportunity to work with a growing fintech firm with huge potential