At Freetrade, we believe investing should be open to everyone. It's one of the best ways to grow your savings, but for a lot of people, investing seems complicated, expensive and out of reach. We want to change all that, which is why we're on a mission to get everyone investing!
We're a technology company that brings simple, free stock investing to all. We've built a beautiful investing app to trade in real shares, with zero commissions in a fluid, mobile-first experience. We're not building an app for day-trading. We will never offer things like leveraged derivatives which are proven to lose the majority of customers their money. We're building an app that can offer the means to achieve better, long-term financial outcomes and maybe even help chip away at one of the biggest issues of this generation; financial inequality.
As the first challenger stockbroker to disrupt the £1.2 trillion UK retail investment market, we're poised to expand into Europe in 2021, with a Headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. We have recently completed our £35m Series B funding round, led by Left Lane Capital with L Catterton, and existing investor Draper Esprit. Complemented by our 2020 crowdfunding round, this brings our total funding to £65m so far and we're just getting started. We have also successfully launched various new revenue streams over the past few months, including our premium 'Plus' membership and self-invested personal pensions.
We are on track to double in size from 120 people to 200+ by the end of the year. Our customer numbers are 600,000 and counting, and we are receiving upwards of 4,000 new customer sign-ups per day as of March 2021.
Our technology teams, across software engineering and product, are the beating heart of our mission. The teams work in collaborative verticals to build our platform. This means customers can put their savings to work in the global markets via a product and user experience they can trust, which currently enables 50,000 - 100,000 trades per day.
We're looking for an ambitious and motivated Technical Support Manager who'll manage and build our Technical Support team. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to help shape how Freetrade evolves in our next stages of growth, both keeping alive the Freetrade culture and building a world-class trading product.
You'll have the opportunity to help us develop the operational blueprint for support, building for customer excellence and scale. You will report to our Senior Customer Operations Manager.In your first twelve months at Freetrade, you will:
- Manage and grow the Technical Support team.
- Improve and develop technical support processes and workflows, enhancing our 2nd level of support to help us action customer-facing issues faster.
- Partner with engineering and product teams with a data-driven approach to help prioritise customer-impacting feature requests and improve the quality of our product.
- Develop processes and come up with tool ideas that will enable you or the customers to self-resolve issues, or even better, pre-empt them.
- Create process or troubleshooting documentation and train other operations team.
- Enhance our processes, our internal tools, and the way we work.
Our work culture prioritises speed, care and effectiveness and you'll have the freedom to pursue your own ideas and solutions. About you:
- You have 6+ years in a technical support role or similar industry experience.
- You have managed small to medium-sized teams support teams.
- Experience working in FinTech would be a plus.
- Passion for solving customer issues and not afraid to challenge decisions around these.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to be calm remain and handle and articulate tough customer situations.
- A strong communicator working cross-functionally across operations, product and Engineering and translating issues accordingly.
- You care about impact, love a challenge, and take ownership of your work
- Experience using SQL
The application process consists of an initial phone screen with our Talent Manager, followed by a call with the hiring manager, Meghan Betts, Senior Customer Operations Manager. You will then present a task to the Director of Operations, Gemma Happe, Meghan Betts and a couple of the wider team, followed by a cross-functional culture interview.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability - we want to hear from you. We're very open about what we're working on, and the best places to learn more are our buzzing community forum and our blog.