Roku Is Changing How The World Watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we've set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you'll make a valuable - and valued - contribution. We're a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world, while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.What You'll Be Doing
We're Excited If You Have
- Design, develop, and maintain cloud infrastructure and applications used to enable bleeding-edge technologies
- Create reproduceable, codified deployments using technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Envoy, and Terraform
- Build automated monitoring systems that provide metric visualizations, and early warning notifications for metrics exceeding configured thresholds
- Develop CI and CD pipelines to facilitate rapid development, qualification, and release cycles
- Analyze cloud operating costs and identify strategies for cost reduction
- Develop sophisticated auto-scaling systems to handle significant swings in load
- Perform security analysis on cloud infrastructure and applications, identifying and addressing vulnerabilities and excessive attack surface
- Operate throughout the stack to identify and implement strategies for reducing latency, minimizing bandwidth requirements, and improving system efficiency
The Roku culture
- At least 7 years (but likely more) experience with cloud technologies including AWS, ECS, and Kubernetes
- Experience in developing infrastructure deployment automation
- Mastery of Linux systems, with an emphasis on containers, control groups, and namespaces
- Mastery of systems-level programming languages such as Go and C++
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented, analytical, methodical, and self-driven
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We're independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of acompany that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.