Streaming is believingRoku Is Changing How The World Watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the U.S., and we've set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you'll make a valuable - and valued - contribution. We're a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world, while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.About The Role
Roku is seeking an experienced and versatile Software Development Engineer in Test to focus on automation infrastructure and test automation for the Roku OS. You will be responsible for developing a broad spectrum of technologies which includes tests for existing and new projects, libraries, tools, and end-to-end infrastructure. You should be able to represent the benefits of automation in meetings with cross-functional, project team members and provide valuable end-user feedback to improve the customer experience. This position requires a solid understanding of software life-cycle, experience with a variety of testing techniques, strong debugging, written and organizational skills, and automation experience.
What You'll Be Doing
We're excited if you have
- Contribute to tools and technology to increase the scale of OS testing
- Debug failing tests to improve the quality of automated test tools and frameworks
- Conduct code reviews for improve code quality and optimization
- Promote coding conventions and standards for code re-usability and cleanliness
Our unique culture
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with automation systems and unit testing
- 2+ years of programming experience, preferably with Python
- 2+ years of experience developing test plans & test cases
- Expert level debugging skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed
- BS in Computer Science or related, or appropriate work experience
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership
- Desire to drive issues to completion
- Desire to take specific solutions and make them general for sharing and scaling
- Values test driven programming, unit testing and integration testing
- Positive attitude
- Results oriented
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We're independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.Meet Tim Granger, our Sr. Software Engineering Director from our Cambridge office...