Help millions of people find their next favorite TV showRoku Is Changing How The World Watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we've set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you'll make a valuable - and valued - contribution. We're a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers worldwide while gaining meaningful experience across various disciplines.About The Role
Roku's Universal Search team is responsible for voice and text search for content discovery across the Roku streaming platform. Team owns all parts of the search stack, starting from enriching knowledge, search infrastructure, data pipelines, feature stores, machine learning models for retrieval, and ranking personalization.
We are looking for a senior machine learning engineer/tech lead who can build the next generation state of the art search relevance ML. Ideal candidates should have strong expertise and industry experience in one or more of these areas: search ranking ML, auto-complete models, personalized embedding-based retrieval, query understanding, recommendation systems.What You'll Be Doing
We're excited if you have
- You will productionalize Search relevance ML models end-to-end starting from data pipelines, model building, model serving, running A/B, and making data-driven optimizations to the models.
- You will be a key stakeholder in defining relevance roadmap improvements
- You will research and prototype state of the art models, A/B test, and launch search relevance improvements in production by making data-driven decisions.
The Roku culture
- 5+ years of experience applying Machine Learning to concrete problems,at large-scale
- Expertise in machine learning fundamentals, applicable to search - Learning to Rank, Deep Learning, Tree-Based Models, understanding of NLP approaches like W2V or Bert.
- Should be able to identify the right KPIs and objective functions.
- Expertise in Engineering and CS fundamentals. Should be able to write an algorithm with ease.
- Proven work on large-scale search/information retrieval relevance systems.
- Familiar and comfortable with cloud deployments (AWS preferred)
- MS/Ph.D. Computer Science or related (AI/ML preferred)
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We're independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
If you are results oriented, and are excited by the idea that Roku's success will depend on your ability to deliver cutting edge ML products, then Roku Recommendation team would love to talk to you!!
Hear from one of our machine learning leaders