Streaming is believingRoku Is Changing How The World Watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the U.S., and we've set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you'll make a valuable - and valued - contribution. We're a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world, while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.About The Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced and versatile Senior QA Engineer to join our team in Cambridge. Partnering with our global development teams you will be responsible for testing software across our range of devices for new product releases. As we continue to grow, we are looking to speak with Engineers of all levels of experience.What You'll Be Doing
We're excited if you have
- Reviewing feature guides and design specifications
- Formulating test plans and design test cases
- Create and execute tests to support product manufacturing
- Test device compatibility with HDMI/HDCP, Wi-Fi networks, Bluetooth and AV streaming file types
- Setting up various combinations of test equipment for defect analysis and verification
- Supporting Alpha and Beta test programmes
- Recording test results for each test suite and provide a high-level summary for areas tested
- Taking ownership and driving the QA for product features
- Mentoring less experienced members of the team
Our unique culture
- Strong previous experience as a QA engineer, writing and executing QA test plans
- Knowledge of test management tools such as Jira, Confluence and TestRail
- Previous experience with home networking functionality, Wi-Fi, Audio/Video streaming devices
- Sound understanding of development processes and working in an Agile environment
- Linux and embedded systems
- Generating and presenting quantitative reports
- ISEB or ISTQB accreditation is an asset
- possess the skills and confidence to navigate working in a fast-paced environment and be frequently taken out of your comfort zone.
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We're independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.Meet Helen Stokes, Sr. QA Engineer from our Cambridge office...