What is Slice?
Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, life's special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship and tradition found behind local pizzerias' counters. We're here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools and services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino's?
Slice is looking for a Data Scientist with solid experience in marketing and digital advertising platforms to join our Business Data Science team. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of order attribution and how it may affect business outcomes to help drive the success of our marketing efforts. You have a track record of partnering with other teams in Product, Engineering and Operations on cross-functional initiatives. You are scrappy and excited about working in an evolving business and data infrastructure, you feel passionate about building a data-driven culture of the company and having a huge impact on a growing team.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Work on tracking, measuring and modelling acquisition, attribution and campaign performance across different marketing channels
- Partner closely with the data engineers to bring rigor to the performance marketing data flows
- Execute on strategies and tactics to improve both the marketing effectiveness and efficiency of media performance, drive insights and recommendations to optimise marketing efforts
- Build full-cycle experiments, reports, and dashboards using SQL, R, Python, or other scripting and statistical tools
- Work on cross-functional projects under the direction of Marketing Analytics manager
- BS in Statistics, Mathematics or related quantitative fields
- 2+ years of analytics experience in Marketing and paid media, either within an agency or in a large marketing organisation; experience with A/B testing preferred.
- Proficiency in SQL and experience in data ETL in large database systems
- Experience in running advanced analyses in languages such as Python, R, etc.
- A proven track record of using analysis to impact key business decisions
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate the results of complex analyses
- Ability to manage small projects and to operate as the point of contact for the business partner.
- Experience in software engineering, data engineering, consulting, or academic research a plus
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, and flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product and business, no matter the department. You're the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.Why Slice?
Join a community of best-in-class team who combine creativity, curious minds and a commitment to excellence with the desire and commitment to grow and build on the Engineering culture and skill bases and community here in NI.Benefits
How to apply?
- Market Leading Salary
- Stock options
- Strong Pension contribution
- Personal Health, Dental and Eye Care
- Income and Death insurance
- Cycle Scheme of up to £2500
- £750 per annum self-learning/WFH budget
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity and Paternity Schemes
- Flexible working / Hours and WFH
- Generous time off allowance and policies
- Free Friday Pizza and Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance and training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
- Discounts for local Pizzerias
A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work and projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.My Pizza Slice Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style and perspective as we believe it adds value to the organization, and we aim to recruit like-minded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.