At Zendesk, we truly believe that to build a great product you have to have great people. We enjoy working with other learning focused people who care about both the customer and the code they write. We value collaboration and test driven development and release frequently. We like and use agile processes and believe that pragmatism always triumphs over dogmatism. We all are responsible for our product and enjoy the impact we have improving it.
We're looking for a hardworking software engineer to help take Zendesk products to the next level in terms of functionality and integrations. You'll be joining a team that works on our Talk products. Talk is a sophisticated real-time application that needs to be robust, scalable and maintainable. You'll have the passion, patience and determination to deliver high quality software to meet our customers needs. Does this sound like you?What You'll Do
What You Bring
- Work collaboratively with a small focused self-organizing team to deliver positive outcomes for our many customers.
- People on our team participate in every stage of the development life-cycle from design to implementation, testing, rollout and making everything run efficiently in production.
- Follow and improve our practices throughout development: TDD, spiking/prototyping, pairing, peer code review, design review and rapid deployment.
- When working on debugging a tricky intermittent issue you won't give up until the feature behaves as expected, source of issue has been identified and an automated test has been put in place to avoid the issue reoccurring.
Nice To Have
- You recognise working within a team is more challenging but also more valuable and in the end, more exciting.
- You are just as happy diagnosing latency, writing technical documents, refactoring code to be more readable, or developing product features.
- You want to whiteboard problems with your teammates and apply the scientific method to finding a pragmatic solution that is the best fit (on balance) for the identified problem space.
- Strong communication skills. You can explain your views well to others and just as important, listen actively to others ensuring a healthy, productive discussion.
- We don't expect you to know everything, so don't hesitate to apply if you don't check all the items above
About Zendesk - Champions Of Customer Service
- Any knowledge or experience of VOIP or telecoms industry would contribute useful background knowledge.
- Leadership potential; as a fast growing team in a dynamic sector we're building for the future. We invest in our team and want people who take ownership and hold themselves and their team accountable.
Zendesk started the customer experience revolution in 2007 by enabling any business around the world to take their customer service online. Today, Zendesk is the champion of great service everywhere for everyone, and powers billions of conversations, connecting more than 100,000 logos with hundreds of millions of customers over telephony, chat, email, messaging, social channels, communities, review sites and help centers. Zendesk products are built with love to be loved. The company was conceived in Copenhagen, Denmark, built and grown in California, taken public in New York City, and today employs more than 4,000 people across the world. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
We believe in service. Learn more about how we provide support to our local communities with volunteering, grants and product donations.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your specific accommodation request.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk's use of your personal information.