What is Slice?
Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, life's special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship and tradition found behind local pizzerias' counters. We're here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools and services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino's?
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on Data Scientist to join the Business Analytics team. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of mechanics of LTV and how it links to customers' retention and acquisition. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in statistical methods, predictive modelling, experimentation and data storytelling. This role will report to the Director of Business Analytics.
The Business Analytics team is a partner to the Sales, Marketing, Go-to-Market, and other strategic business stakeholders. We play an active role in establishing data-driven business decision making capabilities, identifying new business opportunities and measuring impact of our business initiatives.We are a rapidly growing team that operates with an owner's mindset. We believe in collaboration to empower the team members to drive outsized impact.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Evolve models in existing LTV toolkit by developing new data sources, testing model enhancements, running computational experiments, and fine-tuning model parameters for new models
- Work with the Data Engineering team to deploy models in production
- Translate findings from the model(s) into actionable insights to inform key business decisions and new product features
- Work collaboratively with business stakeholders and other members of the Data Science team to drive consumption of model outputs
- MS in statistics, mathematics, data science or related quantitative fields
- 4+ years of experience in an analyst or statistician role, preferably with experience of building, deploying and maintaining LTV modelsExperience in experimental design and analysis
- Proficiency in SQL and experience working with large database systems
- Experience in running advanced analyses in languages such as Python, R, etc..
- A proven track record of using analysis to impact key business decisions
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate the results of complex analyses
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, and flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product and business, no matter the department. You're the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.Why Slice?
Join a community of best-in-class team who combine creativity, curious minds and a commitment to excellence with the desire and commitment to grow and build on the Engineering culture and skill bases and community here in NI.Benefits
How to apply?
- Market Leading Salary
- Stock options
- Strong Pension contribution
- Personal Health, Dental and Eye Care
- Income and Death insurance
- Cycle Scheme of up to £2500
- £750 per annum self-learning/WFH budget
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity and Paternity Schemes
- Flexible working / Hours and WFH
- Generous time off allowance and policies
- Free Friday Pizza and Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance and training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
- Discounts for local Pizzerias
A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work and projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.My Pizza Slice Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style and perspective as we believe it adds value to the organization, and we aim to recruit like-minded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.