What is Slice?
Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, life's special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship and tradition found behind local pizzerias' counters. We're here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools and services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino's?
We are looking for a seasoned Data Scientist with significant experience in revenue management related projects, applicable industry-standard statistical methods, related experimentation and measurement and data storytelling to join the Business Analytics and Data Science team at Slice.
The Business Analytics and Data Science team is a partner to the Sales, Marketing, Go-to-Market, and other strategic business departments. We play an active role in establishing data-driven business decision making capabilities, identifying new business opportunities and measuring impact of our business initiatives.
We are a rapidly growing team that operates with an ownership mind, believes in driving towards our business goals with a great degree of collaboration and looks to empower the team members to drive outsized impact. This role will report to the Director of Business Analytics and Data Science and lead a team of up to 2 people.What You'll Do
- Build models (statistical, optimisation, econometric and/or ML) to inform business decisions including pricing, targeting, LTV and business forecasting, and translate findings into action recommendations
- Turn data science prototypes into business-facing solutions, in close partnership with data engineers and business stakeholders
- Work closely with multi-functional leads to develop technical vision and drive alignment on horizontal/cross-functional initiatives
- Build and grow a high performing Revenue Analytics team
This role will report to the Director of Business Analytics and Data Science.Who You Are
- Ph.D or MS in statistics, operations research, mathematics or related quantitative fields
- 6+ years of experience in leading predictive modelling efforts around pricing, business forecasting and/or LTV, preferably at a large, well-established B2C technology company
- Experience in experimental design and analysis (A/B, market-level) and causal inference
- Proficiency in SQL and experience working with large database systems
- Experience in running advanced analyses in languages such as Python, R, etc. Experience with model production and MLOps practices preferred
- Interest in and ability to provide technical leadership to a small team
- A proven track record of using analysis to impact key business decisions
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate the results of complex analyses
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, and flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product and business, no matter the department. You're the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.Why Slice?
Join a community of best-in-class team who combine creativity, curious minds and a commitment to excellence with the desire and commitment to grow and build on the Engineering culture and skill bases and community here in NI.Benefits
How to apply?
- Market Leading Salary
- Stock options
- Strong Pension contribution
- Personal Health, Dental and Eye Care
- Income and Death insurance
- Cycle Scheme of up to £2500
- £750 per annum self-learning/WFH budget
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity and Paternity Schemes
- Flexible working / Hours and WFH
- Generous time off allowance and policies
- Free Friday Pizza and Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance and training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
- Discounts for local Pizzerias
A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work and projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.My Pizza Slice Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style and perspective as we believe it adds value to the organization, and we aim to recruit like-minded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.