Who are we?
Flyt, part of the Just Eat Takeaway Group, is a technology platform designed to connect the world's largest food delivery company to big restaurant brands everywhere. Chances are, if you have ordered food on your phone you have touched our technology.
Today, we're a global company, with our technology being deployed across Europe, North America and Australasia, and with team members in six countries. Yet we're still human-scale: everyone can get to know everyone, and we are structured to ensure every team has a strong sense of community and autonomy on how to hit their goals.
Flyt is organised in small, cross-functional, autonomous teams we call squads. Each one of our squads owns an area of the product end-to-end and is responsible for meeting a business goal. Same principles as the Spotify model, but customised to what works for us.
Collaborating Together, Inspiring Excellent Results! At Flyt, we value five key areas - Care, Transparency, Individual Leadership, Enthusiasm and Results Achievement which we embrace and use to define ourselves. These values enable us with the guiding principles to make our own choices.The Role:
We are on the lookout for a remote developer to join the team at Flyt.
Here's what your day-to-day looks like:
- Experience in Golang is essential and you must love being autonomous in a small team.
You must have
- To build new features in our core language Go
- To work within our Microservices architecture and deliver highly level readable and maintainable code
- To work with the world's largest delivery companies and to innovate in this exciting space
- To make key architectural decisions and to help move our platform forwards
- As part of your role, all Flyt Engineers and Operations staff, including Project Managers, will be required to be on-call at least once per quarter. Those on-call are required to be 'available' to receive alerts as and when a pre-defined threshold has been breached. All those who are required to be on-call will be trained and remunerated as per the FOC Policy.
Nice to haveYou'll love working here if:
- Proven development experience in project environments
- Experience working with teams across different time zones
- Experience communicating in client facing roles as well as behind the scenes to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- A passion and desire to contribute to high impact projects in a fast pace organisation
Whereabouts and things to note:
- Remote working is your thing!
- You can't wait to roll up your sleeves and build a great product with a dedicated team
- You love having a goal, and having the autonomy to decide the best way to go for it
- You obsess over personal growth. Feedback, Coaching, Learning, Teaching.
- You like to communicate transparently (all our #slack channels are public!), and are willing to listen to your peers, earn trust and show up curious
- This role is a remote role so can be based anywhere in the UK
- If you speak any European languages is a plus (German, Swedish, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Romanian, Portuguese, Dutch)
The hiring experience
- Competitive Salary: up to £70,000 per annum depending on experience
- Flexibility with how you want to work (we've been a remote-first company for about a year now)
- Access to coaches on leadership, product, tech and sales
- Macbook Pro to enable you to do your job well
- The training budget you need to help you level-up
- A bonus pool
- Paid annual leave per annum
- A wellbeing programme designed to provide you with the tools, should you need, to ensure you are your happy and healthy self!
- A leadership development programme (LDP) and engineering development programme (EDP) to support you in levelling up
- Company-wide remote socials (attendance is, of course, not mandatory although we highly encourage it as we are a social bunch!
- Quarterly meets at different locations around the world where we all get together, plan for the next quarter and have some fun (slightly on hold until it's safe to do so again- booo!)
- The opportunity to work in a fast-growing company with global expansion plans and operations spanning Europe, North America and Australasia.
We have a 3 stage process when it comes to hiring. There will be an initial 20/30 min Google Hangout with one of our hiring managers, 60 minute technical assessment with relevant person in that role i.e. Developer, Project Managers, etc and finally a culture interview with two of the team (a Tribe Lead and one other). A final decision will be made post the culture interview.
We're a diverse and inclusive workplace that promotes a sense of belonging, allowing everyone at Flyt to bring their true selves to work every day.