Technical Test Lead - Senior Consultant
As a member of the P2 Consulting community, you will drive the development, winning and delivery of consulting solutions to support a breadth of client needs. This includes supporting network development, client bids, the development of solutions to enhance the Company's services, the mobilisation of client facing projects, and the client site delivery of projects.
As a member of the Quality Assurance & Testing Practice you will more specifically support the delivery of business solutions to meet the needs of our clients. What Will Your Role Be?
- Analyse projects, plan the creation and execution of testing tasks.
- Management of onshore / offshore test resource whilst conforming to Testing Services processes and standards.
- Work with and support Test Managers, Project Managers, Development Managers and Business Analysts to ensure integration, system, end to end and regression testing is performed as specified and intended by the Business and Functional Requirements documentation.
- Facilitate 'MTP (Master Test Planning)' workshops with all relevant stakeholders (in absence of Test Manager).
- Operate as a specialist and consultant on all aspects of testing and give advice to both users and management to determine the most appropriate testing strategies for projects.
- Take a leading role in the definition of strategies to ensure the most effective and efficient testing is carried out, including the use of specialised testing tools and techniques.
- Test Managers
- Programme / Project Mangers
- Development Managers
- Business Analysts
- Specialist Testing Vendors
Nice to have:
- Strong CI/CD experience to support DevOps programmes/projects.
- Experience in TDD/BDD environment (and tools like Gherkin).
- Strong understanding and experience Implementing automated tools & frameworks.
- Experience testing API layer using agile methods and tools such as Postman or Cucumber.
- Able to describe QA role in DevOps and work with agile coaches to implement.
- Knowledge of formal defect management.
- A strong understanding of the principles of testing.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be passionate about IT Testing Services and inspire others to meet ambitious goals and deliver exceptional performance.
- Respect and promote the standards that are testing services licence to do business and find intelligent ways to apply them.
- Ownership, initiative, and positive approach ('can-do' attitude).
- Desire to 'champion' Testing Services and work disciplines.
Education & Training
- Understanding of NFT (tools/techniques)
- Ability to script in multiple languages i.e. Java / Pyton / SQL
- Experience of carrying out successful Test Automation POC activities
- A record of continuous professional development.
- Ideally a degree level, within a technology or business discipline.
- Relevant professional qualifications (such as International Software Testing Qualifications Board - BCS ISTQB - Or the equivalent gained through practical experience).