YuLife is creating a new kind of insurance company. Our mission is to inspire people to live longer, happier and healthier lives. We provide life insurance to companies and drive employee wellbeing using rewards, technology and game mechanics.
We work with AIG, Deliciously Ella, Dr Rangan Chatterjee, Avios, Calm, ASOS, Sofar Sounds, Urban Massage and many more partners to create a solution that truly fits the needs of modern business. Ultimately, we are looking for people who are passionate about YuLife's mission of helping companies and their teams live their best lives, in a credible and authentic way.General Description
A YuLife Product Owner or Product Analyst is responsible for leading a squad towards the delivery of products and features that ultimately helps us achieve our desired Objectives & Key Results (OKRs).
We are changing the way insurance is bought by taking a gamified approach to financial wellbeing. We are looking for a Product Owner who is able to understand the game mechanics at play throughout our app and create instant desirability through our product store.
Working closely with Product Management they will be able to understand the high level vision for our product(s), provide direction and daily leadership to the squad, create requirements, prioritise work, and own the product backlog.
They are confident, excellent communicators and can represent YuLife in meetings and negotiations with our Insurance Partners, third party providers as well as communicate our plans and progress inside the company. They are able to understand and elicit relevant requirements, are able to ask 'why', and challenge assumptions in a friendly and collaborative manner.
They have experience in running or working on in-game stores and understand the importance of exceptional user experience in delivering joy to our customers and maximising trading performance.Role and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate
- As the Product Owner you will own the squad's delivery of work towards achieving our OKRs.
- Understand the product vision and convert it into requirements at various levels for the squad to continuously deliver on.
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog aligned to the product vision and strategy.
- Develop and prioritize epics and stories with clear acceptance criteria to ensure the delivery of high quality output that maximises value and creates joyful experiences.
- Work with Design to plan and prioritise design activities ahead of development and carry out user journey mapping.
- Maintain the backlog, plan iterations, and elaborate on user stories.
- Communicate product and feature progress across the company.
- Work with third party companies to identify integration activities and ensure their delivery.
- Support UX and Research squad members with user interviews, gathering user feedback, interpreting qualitative and quantitative data and turn them into actionable insight.
- Encourage and motivate the squad on a daily basis.
- Follow our competitors and gain insight from adjacent markets.
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends.
- Has worked in software delivery for 5+ years as a product owner with some app and in-game store or related experience.
- Has experience of creating requirements, building and managing product backlogs, and delivering on OKRs.
- Has strong analytical skills, able to identify the whole picture from the vision through to detailed user story level.
- Is a team player, who can give guidance to the team without alienating.
- Has excellent communication skills including a concise and accurate writing style.
- Displays great people skills, is a natural interviewer and able to quickly gather information from others.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills.
- Has good business sense, knows what is commercially viable.
- Commercial experience with agile methodology.
- Product Owner certification is desirable but not required.
- Experience of using Jira essential.
- Experience of Productboard is desirable but not required.