Senior Development Lead - Unreal EngineLocation:
Contract OR Perm
GDS Group is a global event, research and technology services company dedicated to helping clients meet the challenges posed by a fast-moving, digital, transformative business environment. Our outstanding B2B Digital Summits, Round Tables and Virtual Showcase events bring purchaser and provider communities together to find solutions to real-world business challenges.
By researching, creating, and delivering insight-led content, every event strengthens our reputation and demonstrates our position of expertise in the industries and verticals in which we operate.A bit about us:
About the Role:
- We currently work with the C-Suite in some of the world's most well-known brands such as IBM, Oracle, Microsoft, Nike, Gucci, Amazon and many more
- We have office locations and broadcast studios in Bristol, Miami and New York, with more expansion plans afoot!
- We're on target to grow by 70% in 2021 and grew parts of our business by over 200% in 2020
- We have a world class training and development team ready to help you improve your skills and achieve your goals
- Whether you want to work with the latest tech or just be part of a talented, ambitious and fun team, we believe we have a fantastic opportunity to help you take the next step in your career.
- Develop new and exciting game play and experience mechanics for new live virtual reality projects.
- Develop and maintain lightweight and optimised modules covering AI, custom shader support, customs effects, hardware device input, network server/clients and game play mechanics to support live video production use cases video conference integration and virtual reality experiences.
- Application of experience and knowledge to optimise game engine deployment for virtual reality in terms of memory, frame rate and performance.
- Develop and maintain optimised modules for tools surrounding virtual production that utilize game engines along with UI and I/O modules.
- Design and develop core tools into the pipeline.
- Work with live virtual production and virtual reality team to understand technical requirements.
- Hands-on but also building and leading a team of developers
- Active participation in technical and artistic discussions and problem solving.
- Work closely with development team members to further develop pipeline and workflows.
- 5+ years of 3D engine development experience within the games industry and with at least one AAA game shipped on PC or console.
- 5+ years of experience developing optimized modules in C#/C++ within Unreal.
- VR development experience advantageous.
- Built and led Unreal development teams
- Experienced with deploying via the cloud and playable on a browser
- Experienced with live video-conference integration (e.g. Zoom) in the Unreal environment
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design, design patterns, 3D Math, linear algebra vector math and associated data structures.
- Experienced with integration of data from 3rd party systems into the Unreal environment.
- Expert knowledge of Unreal including GUI, asset bundles and materials/shaders.
- Strong knowledge in 3D graphics development (Particle Systems, Shaders) and performance optimization within game development.
- Strong knowledge of matrix algebra, trigonometry and computational geometry essential.
- Detailed knowledge of C#/C++ essential.
- Ability to implement existing script and/or visual scripting modules into optimized and economic code within Unreal.
- A good sense of creating and maintaining code bases that are accessible and modular.
- Willing to help lead the development path for creative development solutions for overall development pipeline and for individual projects.
- Strong knowledge of version control system.
- Understanding of Maya and Python tool development advantageous.
- Strong organisational and communications skills along with understanding production values, deadlines and priorities
This is brilliant opportunity to join a market leading Digital Events business with massive growth plans and help to shape the global tech vision from the ground up, so if you are interested, please send your CV for immediate consideration.