About the Position
As a pre-sales subject matter expert, the Sales Engineer owns the technical engagement and with clear and validated client requirements and end state vision is responsible for designing and clearly articulating a solution that fully realizes the customer's requirements and vision.
The Sales Engineer responsibilities include technology white board sessions, solution design and configurations executing proof concepts and customer presentations. The ideal candidate will have a strong mix of technical skills, business acumen and a strong desire to serve as a trusted customer advocate. The Sales Engineer will work closely with internal AppGate Business Units, Sales & Marketing Group (SMG) and strategic partners to propose and implement complex integrated solutions which will include software defined perimeter (AppGate SDP), Brainspace and Immunity cyber security products/services.
- Responsible for driving opportunities for AppGate's product portfolio by supporting the account team in designing, positioning, and providing technology solutions
- Participates in strategic and tactical account planning
- Provides technical support in sales presentations, customer meetings, trade shows, and other forums, including leading in-depth technical requirements sessions
- Articulates AppGate's value proposition relative to competitors
- Leads discovery to understand and document the customer technical and business requirements necessary for the development of an AppGate proposed solution
- Develop the technical solution to include quoting and internal approvals as necessary
- Provide technical, design, presentation, and implementation support for new services and upgrades
- Serve as technical lead of RFP response team
- Prepare & present customer facing technical presentations regarding AppGate security offerings and customer specific solutions
- Develop strong relationships with customers, engineering and product teams as a trusted advisor facilitating solution improvements
- Conduct deep dive technical training of AppGate products and solutions for internal and external stakeholders
- Represent the "voice of the customer" for product and development groups
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5-15 years of experience as a Sales Engineer within the Cybersecurity industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience designing and articulating connectivity solutions to public cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform and IBM Cloud
- Familiarity with common virtualization technologies such as VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix Xen, Red Hat Enterprise and Virtualization.
- Familiarity with network security solutions such as firewalls/next generation firewalls, network access control and VPNs
- Current CCNA, CCIE, or equivalent certification (desired)
- Direct experience deploying, managing or selling services tied to major public cloud providers, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Engine
- Familiarity with process frameworks such as MOF, ITIL or ITSM
- Familiarity with authentication protocols & services such as Active Directory, LDAP, Radius, Kerberos, SAML, SSL
- Familiarity with encryption standards such as AES, PKI, RSA