LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We hold our company culture near and dear - it represents an intermix between passion for leadership and passion for an active, healthy life centered around family and friends. LogicMonitor represents community, collaboration and camaraderie.
Situated in Waterloo, our office is easily accessible by public transportation including train, tube, bus and Overground. Snacks are plentiful, as are the opportunities to do fun things such as company-sponsored recreational activities like yoga, football, and Crossfit. When you join LogicMonitor's London team, you will be working alongside some of the brightest minds with one of the fastest growing, global software firms. We are looking for you to bring your expertise, drive, and passion. This is your chance to join us on our journey as we expand our global presence and achieve record-breaking success.
LogicMonitor is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees, where different backgrounds and perspectives are valued and encouraged - regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
We operate with integrity, esteem diversity and treat each other fairly and with respect. And we're doing that while nurturing consideration for humanity. We give back to our community and encourage all people to come as they are and find their own version of personal and professional harmony here. We hear time and time again that our awesome people are a huge part of why LMers chose LogicMonitor, love their teams, and choose to stay.What You'll Do
The mission of the Sales Engineer (SE) at LogicMonitor is to support the full sales cycle from a technical perspective, be the knowledge matter expert on the LogicMonitor technology portfolio & act as a conduit between Sales and Product Management, Professional Services and Technical Support. Supporting the sales process entails starting with the scoping of the project (Requirements analysis, success criteria, limitations), assisting with demos (Covering all tech requirements) and guiding proof of values (Helping to showcase value with some customisation and product config) and ensuring technical sign off versus success criteria. The SE also is also looked at as a product expert within the sales organisation. Sales Engineers have the critical function to train the entire sales organisation both as part of on boarding and also regularly on the LM product to ensure the appropriate level of product and technical knowledge for the sales team to be most successful. Finally for all new product releases the sales engineering team should be briefing the sales team on product releases as they happen and also on progress with datasource creation, fault correction and roadmap updates.Here's a closer look at your duties in this key role:
- Manage the sales process from a technical perspective following the Vista Value Selling methodology and driving the 5 core process steps
- Technical Qualification
- Requirements Analysis
- Scoping the POV
- Managing the POV
- Technical Sign off
What You'll Need
- Perform SE duties on trial calls as scheduled by AEs. Includes technically understanding prospect needs, technology skill level, and supporting AEs with requests to perform technical product demos and perform/assist trial set ups or expansion
- Trial optimisation (proactively adding dashboards, creating sample reports, etc. for all trial prospects)
- Lead technical/product training for new sales personnel on an ongoing basis
- Day-to-day product/technical support for trial prospects
- Log meetings and technical notes in SalesForce pertaining to the POV for each call (or onsite) with the customer.
- Demonstrates the technical aspects of how the product solves specific customer problems, and translates specific customer problems into technical solutions.
- Identifies all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- 5 years experience in SysAdmin role or SE role
- Bilingual - preferred languages are German and Spanish. French or Dutch also considered.
- Excellent communication skills - a strong command of the English language will allow you to competently communicate in writing & verbally but also active listening is a key skill
- Competent presenter both via webex and in person - ideally with experience public speaking
- Able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users
- Creative problem solving and troubleshooting is essential - sometimes a solution will require us to think outside the box to deliver a working solution for a customer
- Experience in Linux and or Windows/Network administration and operations.
- Knowledge of the following protocols and technologies desired:
- WMI, PerfMon, SNMP, SQL, JSON, XML, JMX;
- Scripting (Groovy and Powershell ideally, but an understanding of logical scripting structures is key);
Specific knowledge and experience of any of the following will be an advantage:
- Cloud platform administration (AWS, Azure, Google);
- Virtualization (VMWare, Hyper-V, Xen Server, etc...);
- Storage (NetApp, EMC, HPLeftHand, Dell Equallogic, etc...);
- Database administration (MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Sybase, MongoDB, etc);
- LoadBalancers (f5 bigIP, Netscaler, Barracuda, etc...);
- Webservers (IIS, Apache, Tomcat, etc...);
- Active Directory;
- MS Exchange;
- Educated in technology or computer science is a plus - A technical degree is preferred but experience can compensate for this