Application Support Analyst
Are you a problem solver, a naturally inquisitive team member who responds to supporting multiple specialist applications where support incidents are mostly unique and require an excellent level of analytical skill and technical competence?
Are you able to work in a closely-knit team whilst also self-motivated and able to use your own initiative to always be thinking about the bigger picture and the wider implications of the problems that you are working on?
Do you have you have at least one years' experience working in a customer-facing Application Support role? Are you ready to step and become an integral part of Sinara's highly-rated Application Support team? If so, Sinara want to hear from you.
We are Sinara Consultants, a trusted provider of software for financial market data and trading-related systems to financial securities exchanges and financial institutions.
Your role at Sinara is to keep these systems running, working very closely with our clients' technical and support teams to resolve operational issues and understand root cause. In addition to this 2nd and 3rd line support role, you will also work with Sinara's own development teams before and after system deployment.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your support skills and career in a dynamic, fast-paced and supportive environment whilst making a valuable contribution to the overall development of the team.
The role has the potential to optionally develop into a dual application and test analyst focused role.
About the Role
The primary duties of this role are to:
- Analyse and prioritise incidents reported by our customers
- Conduct investigations to provide a solution or a short-term workaround
- Communicate with the customer until incident root cause resolution
- Liaise with Sinara's developers when potential software defects are identified
- Undertake application testing as part of the full test lifecycle
- Commit to maintaining support material
- Carry out project related work, both on your own and in collaboration with developers
Your esstential skills
- A thorough knowledge of Windows infrastructure including Web Service technologies
- A solid understanding of SQL Server relational databases including the ability to construct relatively complex SQL queries
- Ability to interpret log files and analyse message data structures
- Ability to communicate clearly in written and spoken English
- An enthusiasm for getting the job done without compromising accuracy or quality
- A desire to learn quickly those technical and business concepts with which you are unfamiliar
- A pride in your work and an excellent attention to detail
- Effective time management and organisational skills
Knowledge of financial trading and market data would be useful but is not essential.
Although your academic qualifications are not critically important, you will be dealing with technically able colleagues who set high standards. We are not looking for any specific knowledge or certification, but you will need to demonstrate some relevant experience.
What we offer
- A salary between £40,000 and £45,000 per year, depending on relevant experience
- (Salary includes an allowance for out-of-hours support rota)
- Six-monthly profit-related bonus scheme
- Annual service-related bonus scheme
- Half yearly career review and annual salary review
- Opportunity for career progression
- An MSc support programme
- 25 days paid holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- Company lunches and social events
- A friendly, collaborative, and motivated working environment
- Free soft drinks and fruit when office-based
- A flexible blended remote/office working policy
- Cycle friendly - CWS, shower, secure bike storage
Full-time, 37.5 hours per week plus on call rota. Flexibility in start and finish times on a rota basis to cover standard support hours of 8am to 6pm. There is a rota for out-of-hours on-call support and occasional system maintenance tasks.
Some more about Sinara
Sinara is a well-established London-based software house providing software development services and software products to exchanges, financial institutions and market data vendors. We combine strong technical expertise with a pragmatic, flexible approach to deliver and support business-critical IT systems. We are based just south of Tower Bridge and are well located in the thriving Bermondsey district with excellent transport links including quick and easy access to London Bridge.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or relationship status.