Due to our exponential growth plans the technology team have created this exciting and challenging opportunity. You will be a Principal Site Reliability Engineer within the Ruddington based but globally distributed Cloud Operations Team within the wider Ideagen Group with your fellow team members being based in Ruddington, Malaysia and the US as well as Home Based
It will require both passion for and experience in previous related senior infrastructure technology leadership, including leading and managing high growth and globally distributed teams.Role And Responsibilities
EssentialKnowledge & Experience
- Demonstrate hands-on technical leadership and business impact in combining software engineering skills with systems engineering skills to solve complex automation and reliability challenges
- You will have deep technical experience with various cloud providers, containerization technologies, automated deployment frameworks, orchestration frameworks, monitoring, logging, alerting, system internals, networking, databases, distributed systems, and service-oriented architecture
- You will promote openness, diversity of opinions and inclusive discussions at all times to evaluate a wide variety of ideas and perspectives in solving challenging problems
- You communicate effectively with stakeholders ranging from executives to junior engineers across the breadth and depth of the engineering organization
- You exemplify high accountability, integrity, and resilience to maintain focus on both big-picture goals and milestones to get there
- You enable the engineering organisation to innovate and deliver with greater speed and safety
- Work with the Enterprise Architecture and Research and Innovation Teams to Develop designs, architectures, standards, and methods for the delivery and improvement of large-scale, customer focused SaaS platforms.
- Working with the Head of Infrastructure & Operations and the wider Implementations, Service Delivery, Development and Support teams delivering an ongoing infrastructure services vision, to enable innovation and seek to leverage IT trends that can create business value.
- Experience of working with acquisition teams for integration of Product related Operational environments.
- Ensure that choices, decisions, and options are communicated and demonstrated to senior management.
- Demonstrable experience in production 24/7 high-availability multi-site, multi-vendor cloud-based SaaS environments including application hosting and data networks, security, and information security protection.
- Thorough understanding of automation and orchestration principles
- Experience working with Infrastructure and Application Monitoring tools such as: New Relic, OpsGenie, Uptime monitoring, CloudTrail, CloudWatch Insights, Azure Monitor, Application Insights
- Extensive working knowledge managing AWS, Azure, Data Centre, and on-premises infrastructures.
- Experience working with MSSQL, MySQL & PostgreSQL in both on-premise and cloud-based environments as well as demonstrable knowledge and experience of AWS and Azure database service technologies i.e. SQLAzure, Aurora MySQL
- Experience of working with NoSQL database technologies (ideally MongoDB and preferably experience of Mongo Atlas).
- Experience of working with orchestration, containerisation and pipeline automation scripting and tooling i.e. Docker, Helm, Terraform & Kubernetes (K8)
- SRE/DevOps experience and comfortable operating software in a Linux & Windows based environment.
- Working knowledge of cloud based storage services and related technologies, Cisco-based network communications technology (Meraki), high availability, and disaster recovery architecture.
- Communication and related technologies as well as best practices in application and network security.
- All round technical knowledge of software development, infrastructure, SaaS architecture, Support and IT security.
- Experience of working alongside development functions delivering software within an agile development environment.
- Strong team working and cross functional team collaboration skills.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage diverse stakeholder expectations.
- Proven ability to grasp new technical concepts quickly
What's in it for you?
- Strong understanding of Software Development Lifecycles
- Experience with FedRAMP and regulatory compliance management
- Experience in Mergers and Acquisitions
While we take our work and deliverables seriously, we have a relaxed working environment and we want our people to be rewarded for their hard work. We offer benefits such as 34 days' holidays (inclusive of bank holidays), Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay, Contributory Pension Scheme, Free On-site Parking, Private Medical Insurance, Free 200degree coffee shop and many more!Who are Ideagen?
If you have ever flown in a plane, been in hospital, or even given blood, there is a good chance we've helped keep you safe. For nearly a quarter of a century, we have been providing software solutions to thousands of customers such as the UK NHS, Virgin, PwC, Emirates, Heineken and even Harvard University. We are not a large faceless corporation, but we are not a fly-by-night dot com company either. With more than 650 employees in multiple locations across the UK, USA, Dubai, Malaysia, and Bulgaria - not including our global Partner Network - we're one of the most exciting and fastest growing software companies in the world.
By clicking 'View and Apply', you will be taken to our 3rd party service, from which you will be able to register and apply for the role.