We are looking for a Development Manager to join us working on a ground-breaking next generation PvP shooter project with a Games as a Service focus. This is a AAA quality original IP at an exciting stage! The opportunity is to join at the earliest stages of a multi-year development and help shape an incredible new game experience being a key member of the team.
The project is a huge multi-platform next generation action shooter experience with a heavy focus on Games as a Service, looking to bring unique mechanics and a bombastic tone to blow the doors off and bring something new to the genre!Key Responsibilities
- Assisting Game Director and Production Team with project direction, scope and milestone planning and risk assessment
- Taking part in backlog creation and refinement, Sprint and Milestone planning
- Running daily stand ups
- Reporting progress to the team, studio management, and external partners
- Work with the Production team to ensure quality targets are maintained alongside timescales and budget
- Develop excellent relationships with Publishers and other external partners
- Developing a positive and energetic team culture
- Facilitating the development of the game, identifying and removing obstacles from the teams' path
- Be solutions-driven, reliable and honest
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written
- Working knowledge of project management practices (Agile, Prince2 etc).
- Working knowledge of industry standard packages (MS Office, Hansoft/Jira, Perforce etc).
- An appreciation of change management
- Friendly and approachable personality
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Proactive and entrepreneurial
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Ability to work well with people at all levels of the organisation
- Experience in a similar role
ADDITIONAL OR DESIRED SKILLS
- Knowledge of Confluence for documentation
- Experience of Jira useful but not essential
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance
- Pension Plans
- Work remotely within the UK
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme - Counselling
Firesprite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable applicants regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.