We're looking for a Development Director to assist with all aspects of planning and delivery on a dark, story-driven next generation 'Narrative Adventure' with genre defining goals.
This huge, highly ambitious partnership project takes atmosphere, storytelling, player agency and narrative firmly into ground-breaking territory on next-generation hardware technologies.
This project has AAA ambitions with a heavy focus on art, animation and delivering unique character performances to heighten player presence and immersion to new levels.
This role also offers an opportunity to refine and improve production processes across the studio.Key Responsibilities
- Ownership of complete project delivery and budgets, including sprint and milestone planning and client/internal production plans, team shapes and SOWs
- Assist the Game Director in project direction, scope and quality delivery
- Leading and supporting the Production team to ensure maintenance and accuracy of project schedules
- Reporting progress to the team, studio management, and external partners
- Work together with the Production team to ensure quality targets are maintained alongside timescales and budget
- Develop excellent relationships with Publishers and other external partners
- Developing a positive and collaborative team culture, ensuring an inclusivity of decision making
- Previous experience with long-term planning
- Strong communication skills and a friendly, approachable nature
- Strategizing to changes and risk during the project whilst maintaining a credible plan
- Ability to create complete project plans and milestones, that give a reliable journey to the completion of the game
- Strong knowledge of industry standard packages (MS Office, Hansoft/Jira, Perforce etc)
- Expert knowledge of project management practices (Agile, Prince2 etc)
ADDITIONAL OR DESIRED SKILLS
- Knowledge of outsource planning
- Experience in AAA game cinematics production
- Knowledge of Confluence for documentation
- Previous experience collaborating closely with a leadership team
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance
- Pension Plans
- Work remotely within the UK
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme - Counselling
Firesprite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable applicants regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.