An exciting position has arisen for a Software Developer with technical & dev-op skills to join CDS
and help drive CODAS
is a complete end to end ERP system designed to assist with the day-to-day running of an Energy and/or Liquid Fuel business. More information can be found on www.codas.com
We are looking for an enthusiastic, talented Developer to work with the existing teams helping to build CODAS
and the surrounding eco-system.
You will work collaboratively to define and develop new and existing software features, coordinating with the Product Owner to identify technical solutions and acceptance criteria.
In addition to coding, you will help create installation scripts, deployment pipelines and provide specialist database assistance to our first & second line support teams.Key skills for this Developer include:
- Database management & maintenance
- Hands-on development of the software
- Delivering high quality work
- Ability to work as part of the team
- Hands-on dev-ops
- Willingness to learn new languages, technologies and tools
Enthusiasm and a desire to learn are key to the successful candidate.
CDS use InterSystems Caché/IRIS as the back-end database & programming language; successful candidates will receive training in this technology and be expected to use it in their day-to-day work.
The successful candidate will also be expected to show flexibility and eagerness to assist across the other teams in the business as required for both learning and business need.Training
A period of acclimatisation, training and familiarisation with the company's products, systems and services will be necessary, all of which will be provided for the successful applicant.Mandatory requirements for this Developer:
Desirable attributes for this Developer:
- Experience in database management & maintenance (creating namespaces, monitoring performance, investigating bottlenecks etc)
- Experience using InstallShield (or equivalent) to create complex installation scripts
- Experience with legacy & modern dev-ops practices and tools (creating VM's, Azure DevOps, Kubernetes etc)
- C#, .Net, MVC
- Proactive attitude
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
In addition to an annual salary of between £30k to £50k, we also offer:
- Experience using InterSystems Caché or IRIS (database and programming language).
- Experience in Energy or Liquid Fuel distribution industry
- Experience in ERP, Stock Management or Warehousing systems
- Container lifecycle management
- Creating & consuming REST web services
- Agile experience ideally working within a Scrum team
- Flexible working arrangements
- 7 hour working day
- Company pension scheme
- Death in service benefit of 6x salary
- Permanent health insurance
- Private health care
- Employee assistance programme
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
- Free parking
- Free beans to cup coffee in our amazing, open plan, bright new offices
Located in Exchange Quay, Manchester, M5 3EJ with easy access to motorways and public transport.