Plentific is one of the fastest-growing property technology companies in the UK and Germany, with offices in the US and Turkey. Its mission is to improve lives by making property work better for everyone. The platform empowers landlords and property managers to manage their properties and internal trades workforce, source local trade talent, build community cohesion and provide better services than ever before. The end-to-end solution offers a flexible approach to compliance management, repairs reporting and delivery, ensuring landlords and property managers can be confident that their property meets necessary standards.
Since 2013, Plentific has
- Dramatically improved outcomes by speeding up service delivery fivefold and creating economic opportunities within local communities.
- Set a new industry benchmark on responsive repairs by reducing typical time frames (20 days) to less than 4 days.
- Entered partnerships with social enterprises to help people into trades jobs, and thus rebuild their lives.
Plentific has been recognised by multiple awarding bodies since its inception, including
- 'Deal of the Year - Residential' at the UK PropTech Awards 2018.
- 'Business Change/Transformation' Award at the UK Business Awards 2019.
- Recognised as 'Professional Services Partner' at the UK Housing Awards 2019.
- Repairs and Maintenance Provider of the Year at the 24Housing Awards 2019.
- Featured on the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 list 2020.
- Most Collaborative Business Award - PropTech at the UK Proptech Awards 2020.
Following a major funding round, Plentific has recently expanded into the US multi-family market and has plans to enter the wider professional and commercial real estate sector in Europe this year.
In sum, Plentific is a technology-led business developing cutting-edge solutions - and that's only possible to do with a great team. Our culture is open, empowering and fast-paced. If you're tenacious, passionate and driven, you will fit right in.
We're looking for an experienced Python/Django engineer to join the engineering team. You'll be working alongside a highly technical and motivated team and report to the technical co-founder. You would be expected to apply fundamental engineering and mathematical skills to solve problems and overcome challenges, not just develop code. You'll also have had some experience leading engineers, either as a line manager or providing technical leadership. For people with the right mindset, this frame of mind provides an intellectually stimulating environment.
The engineering team sits at the centre of everything we do at Plentific and is constantly tackling challenging problems, such as online payments, quoting, invoicing, booking, search / scoring algorithms, ETL, data pipelines, in-app messaging, real-time notifications and fraud prevention. Our backend engineers mostly work with Python and Django on an increasingly more service-oriented architecture. The rest of the tech stack include Django REST Framework, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, AWS, ES6, React.js, Alt.js, Node.js, Express, Amazon Redshift, Kubernetes, Docker, Redis, Celery, Pandas, Numpy, Scrapy, Git with Zenhub, Jenkins, Elasticsearch, Logstash and lots of raw SQL for analytics. We have a very large but clean code base as we put significant emphasis on design patterns, code readability, testability, maintainability and extendability.Responsibilities
- Work with product owners, product managers, user interface designers and other software engineers to write technical documents that identify software project requirements
- Write well-formulated, testable and readable code using appropriate software design patterns
- Design, build and maintain APIs, micro-services and data pipelines
- Review, maintain and refactor existing code to meet the requirements for improved or new features
- Write technical documentation of code, algorithms and APIs
- Help in drafting of end-user manuals
- Continuously assess and improve platform architecture and performance
- Create and maintain infrastructure and software architecture diagrams
- Conduct code reviews and promote the development of well-formulated, testable and readable code
- Helping to mentor a small team of engineers
- Sharing your engineering wisdom with the rest of us, so we can bask in your greatness, and maybe even learn a thing or two
- Extensive experience as software engineer (using Python and Django)
- Strong computer science fundamentals such as data structures, algorithms, discrete mathematics, software design patterns
- Passion for writing clean, modular, well-commented, readable and reusable code
- Ability to think out of the box with a can-do attitude to get things done efficiently
- Excellent communication skills with ability to articulate technical concepts in plain English
- Experience in managing more junior team members
- Top academics (BSc, MSc or PhD) in computer science, engineering, computational physics, mathematics or another field with strong computational curriculum
As you can see, we have big plans and are eager to grow our team of dreamers and doers to achieve our vision of managing over 1 million properties through our platform across various countries. You can help us shape the future of property management. Here's what we offer
- A competitive compensation package.
- Private health care including discounted gym membership.
- Learning and development fund.
- A remote-friendly working environment + 23 days annual holiday.
- Home office allowance.
- A head office in London Bridge (less than 2 mins from Borough Market).
- An inherently diverse culture with over 18 nationalities and 21 languages spoken.