Are you an experienced DevOps Engineer who is looking to work within a Micro-Services environment on the latest cloud technologies? Would you like to be part of an inspiring collaborative culture?What You'll Do
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who can drive the delivery of continuous pipeline and develop and support our AWS cloud environment. This is a technology driven role where your DevOps experience will aid us in designing, supporting, maintaining and configuring CDL products.
You will be working with Microservices architecture, based in Amazon Web Services, integrating with Elastic Stack and monitoring tools. As a Platform Engineer, you'll be automating processes using Terraform, scripting in Python and Bash, creating EC2 instances or using Elastic Stack powerful features such as Kibana and Logstash.
This is an ideal career opportunity for a Senior DevOps engineer who enjoys working within a collaborative, autonomous environment, whilst applying their wealth of experience. Online training tools are available, and we'd be happy to send you on conferences, training courses, to enhance your knowledge, and experience, where applicable.
You will be supporting and improving current DevOps pipelines and working to automate current manual processes. Providing documentation and working with other team members to implement the solutions will be a key part of the role.About CDL
CDL are one of the UK's leading insurance software houses, we are a privately owned company that has experienced continuous year on year growth and we employ over 600 people at our campus in Stockport. We are a certified UK top employer by the Top Employers Institute and are constantly striving to provide our employees with the best working environment and conditions. We have a strong track record in the high volume retail insurance sector. We have spearheaded development in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company's robust and innovative technologies have enabled our customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
We've built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you're always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.RequirementsRequirements
- The successful DevOps Engineer will have a passion to explore technology solutions combined with operational support experience.
- Demonstrable experience in an Operations or System Engineering role.
- Experience or understanding of managing a Linux environment including administration and configuration.
- Experience of using Automation tools such as Terraform
- Experience using Configuration Management Tools, ideally Puppet but exposure to Ansible, Chef or equivalents would be great
- Proven experience of scripting in Python, Bash, or Perl
- Exposure to continuous integration and build tools following DevOps pipeline
- Understanding of Micro-Services Architecture
- A good understanding of DevOps and Agile methodologies and concepts
- Sound understanding of Elastic Stack (ElasticSearch, Kibana and Logstash)
- AWS experience or certification
- Top employer for 5th year running
- Flexible hours
- Flexible working - upon returning to our office at the earliest of November 2021, we will be offering a hybrid model of split office and remote working. We would require people to work in the office for 2 days over a fortnightly period.
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Health and Wellbeing programme
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Virtual activities, lunch and learns, coffee mornings and meetups.
- 25 days holiday to start
- Life and health assurance
- Pension scheme
- Community projects
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- Games room and chill out zone
- Social activities, regular social events through our social group Xtra, including a summer bbq, competitions, bowling, go-karting, football games, Winter party and much more!
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms