Field Services Technician (Mirus IT)Content + CloudCompany Background
Although this role has been advertised as Content + Cloud, please note that you would be employed by Mirus, one of the group's companies.
Content + Cloud is a leading technology and managed services provider, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, cyber, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
Following the completion of a significant equity investment in June 2016, our strategy is to continue to deliver significant growth, both organically and through acquisition, evolving our proposition and positioning to reach a broader target audience.The Role
Meet customer requirements efficiently and strive to resolve client user issues by delivering the right solutions first time, on time, every time. Identification of recurring issues and trends. Problem ownership with clear, concise, customer communication whilst managing expectations. Mentor and support colleagues through knowledge sharing and practical guidance.Job Responsibilities
Ensuring the smooth running of our clients systems and network infrastructure ensuring they get maximum benefits from them. Activities may includeService Desk Engineer Role
▪ Answering inbound calls within an agreed answer time (9 seconds)
▪ Log all customer issues, queries, and requests into the ticket management system;
▪ Provide level 1.5 server, network, and desktop technical support, diagnosing customer issues, and providing a high level of first time fix;
▪ To action hardware configurations and software installations.
▪ Manage and work to internal and customer SLA's, escalating any concerns.
▪ Create and maintain customer specific infrastructure documentation.
▪ End to end ownership of problem resolution.
▪ Managing client expectations through clear communications.
▪ Take responsibility for own continual professional development, ensuring up to date industry and technical knowledge.
▪ Undertake all other reasonable requests.Field Services Technician Role
▪ Preventative maintenance of subsidiaries during quarterly visits.
▪ Responsible for all site documentation making sure it is kept up to date
▪ Provide emergency site visit; ability to go onsite at short notice to resolve issues and/or available to perform onsite maintenance.
▪ Adhoc proactive site visits (as and when required).
▪ Maintaining relationships with primary onsite contacts.
▪ Be part of the quarterly DR site visitsRequirementsKnowledge and Experience
- Previous years experience as a service desk engineer supporting SME's.
- Previous years experience in a field services role supporting SME's.
- Experience of working in a customer facing role
- Familiar with working to SLA's to meet both customer and contract requirements
- Working as part of a wider service delivery function.
- Veeam backup and replication
- MS Windows Server Technologies (Intermediate knowledge)
- Office 365
- Active Directory
- VMWare VSphere
- Firewalls, Router, Switches & VPN Technologies
- Supporting multi-site clients.
Attitudes & Behaviours
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Creative, analytical problem solver with the ability to apply original and innovative thinking.
- Methodical approach suitable to resolution of client requirements.
- Able to manage changing workload and priorities.
- Able to work both within a team and using own initiative.
- AD - configure sites and services, resolve issues.
- DNS - running through the DNS structure to ensure domain entries exist for DC's, moving external DNS services around to different IP's when internet changes.
- Group Policies - create, breakdown, troubleshoot issues.
- Firewalls, Routers & VPN's - install, configure & troubleshoot.
- Citrix Xenapp + Netscaler
- Cisco / Sonicwall - install & configure.
- Social Events
- Charitable Endeavours
- Job Type Permanent
- Role based out of our Milton Keynes offices (flexibility to work remotely up to 3 days per week)
- 37.5 hours per week (Monday - Friday)
- Health Support
- Free financial wellbeing services, Training, Gym benefits and more
- 20 days holiday (raising by 1/2 day every 6 months of continuous service up to 25 days, excluding bank holidays)
- Multiple HIIT, general fitness, yoga and meditation classes run virtually each week! (In addition to other wellness events and other social activities.
- Continual development plans
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
Content + Cloud is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent regardless of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or criminal history. As part of our compliance requirements, we do undertake background checks which, dependant on levels of security required for the role or client assignment, may include a criminal record check. Please do let us know if you would like more details on the level of checks for the specific role you are applying to.
We are happy to provide any reasonable adjustments you may need to ensure you feel you have the best experience across our selection process and future employment, for any support on this please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org