Lloyds is transforming and needs curious minds to help define and influence that change. We're looking for people with new perspectives and the confidence to share them, so come and join us.Data Engineering ManagerLondon About Us
Technology will drive business value for Lloyds of London and its customers by delivering effective and efficient IT services that embrace innovation for competitive advantage, whilst leveraging its global scope to standardise and integrate platforms and secure the highest value from strategic partnership through optimal sourcingThe Role
To lead cross-functional, self-organising teams providing direction for data applications and integration. Producing and integrating high quality application development and support that delivers maximum business value in alignment with strategic prioritiesResponsibilities
- Ensure Regulatory, Supervisory and Operational platforms are functional and performant to meet the needs of the customer via the components of data collection, data processing and reporting.
- Accountable for maintaining the Technical Architecture artefacts and processes including Design
- Providing leadership and management of data engineers
- Managing data platform technology such as Master Data Management, Data Hubs, Data Bubbles, Data Lakes, Data Warehouses and Data Pipelines.
- Ensure that incidents and requests are handled according to agreed procedures and ensure that documentation of the supported components is available and in an appropriate form for those providing support.
- Ensure that appropriate action is taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in systems and services ensuring that such problems are fully documented within relevant system(s). Coordinate the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures and analyse patterns and trends.
- Deliver and maintain secure, stable and compliant services across the application portfolio
- Lead change agent, evangelising a culture of continuous improvement
- Articulate application vision and drive future roadmap representing the interests of the customer
- Work closely with the business managers in the creation of business cases for future application enhancements, including the re-platforming of core data platforms & systems
- Work with support teams, customers and other stakeholders to collaboratively identify and clearly define business requirements aligned to the Corporations strategic requirements.
- Drive the adoption of cloud native technologies such as containers and serverless built using microservices and APIs
- Ensure new software platforms are embedded into teams seamlessly and that they meet operational acceptance standards during the delivery & transition phase
- Continually challenge best practices to embed those that better align with software development principles across internal and external teams
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with partners across the business, market and suppliers
- In conjunction with Procurement, assess, select and manage 3rd party IT suppliers and their applications and services through appropriate contracts and relationships
- Contribute to the preparation and agreement of IT budgets, enabling the cost-effective delivery of plans and objectives
- Promote and assist in the implementation of strategies, policies and procedures that seek to guide and shape GT Engineering.
- Line-manage all support managers/members of the team, to develop their skills both individually and as a team so that they can provide the best service to Lloyds including the induction, appraisal and performance management of team members
- Business / Data Analysis.
- Management of multiple projects concurrently in a cross-functional environment
- Application Management
- Business acumen
- Software development team leadership
- Change agent, technology evangelist and thought leader in Agile & DevOps
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Insurance domain knowledge
- Data Management Body of Knowledge (DMBOK)
- Structured project delivery methodologies (Agile, MSP, Prince 2, LEAN)
- Software Application Development Lifecycle
- Relevant software development techniques and technologies
- Secure Systems Implementation
- Project & Portfolio Management.
- IT Service Management methodologies ITIL, COBIT
- Agile development and delivery methodologies such as SCRUM, Kanban.
- Demonstrable track record of building and leading successful technology teams and driving development engineering best practices
- Substantial experience of using safe to fail experimentation to test hypotheses ensuring that investment is used effectively
- Leading & delivering large, transformational software projects.
- Working as part of a collaborative, self-organising agile team.
- Customer-centric approach to delivering and managing applications.
- Proven experience in developing policies, standards, best practices and procedures related to the application & project management/delivery domain
- Supplier management.
- Service management
- Budget management and forecasting
As the successful candidate, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive salary, and an enviable range of benefits. Realise your professional ambitions as part of an organisation that is trusted to solve some of the worlds most complex problems in an environment that puts a focus on investing in human progress.Please be aware that the recruitment process will comprise of a number of steps, your CV will be reviewed by our Recruitment team and if successful you will be invited to attend a telephone interview, followed by a more in-depth video interview. We want to make sure we do all we can to make this a really positive experience for you.Please click the following link which will take you through a simple process to identify any adjustments or additional support we can provide beforehand or on the day.
https://cleartalents.com/apply/lloyds-dem1629386382/Please note, clicking on this link does not register your application for the vacancy.