As the Head of Engineering at Pockit you will be responsible for leading a high calibre engineering team and working with the latest technologies in Microsoft Azure. You will be working with our product squads who are focussed on customer acquisition, activation, retention, monetisation, our tech platform, compliance and security. Demonstrable experience of being hands on is a must have to be able to drive our technical team forward from 2022 onwards.About Us
Pockit is a fair, no-nonsense alternative to traditional banking. We're there for customers who've been ignored or locked out by the high-street and offer disruptive new products that are custom-built for the millions of consumers that are currently underserved.
Pockit's product set includes unique elements such as a credit builder and a transparently-priced microloan as well as direct debit, peer-to-peer transfers, and the ability to pay in with cash at virtual branches. Opening an account online takes just 2 minutes, and the product has accessibility at its heart.
Already serving 500,000 customers throughout the UK, Pockit's no-fuss current account offers everything you'd expect from a bank - and more. Our well-structured and agile engineering team creates new features from scratch on a regular basis and continually improves our existing offering to ensure we're serving customers in the best way possible.
We're a lively, diverse and international team, based across offices in Newcastle, London and Poland. You'll be joining a team that fosters curiosity, ambition, accountability, and resilience and be made to feel at home straight away.
25 days holiday (plus public holidays) increasing with tenure, enhanced family friendly leave and access to discounts through Perkbox are just a few of the benefits you'll enjoy as a Pockiteer.Requirements
As the Head Of Engineering, you'll have proven experience in leading small teams through to larger groups with a chance to redefine how Pockit works as an effective organisation in the technical space. You'll be comfortable in a hands-on role and must recognise yourself as a people person, at ease when working together with other business units in discussions involving roadmaps and QA processes.
Your day-to-day may look like...
Technical Skills Essential For The Role
- Agile based - Stand-up's;
- Technology and Architecture discussions;
- Engaging with Product and Marketing efforts to ensure that teams are aligned;
- A technical tie breaker;
- Discussing how Azure is best setup and functioning;
- Executive and Stakeholder presentations on new investments in technology;
- Reprioritising engineers on operations issues and observability discoveries;
- Aiding in diagnosis of problems affecting end users;
- Engaging with end vendors and partners on technical problems;
- .NET Core
- Serverless Design
Experience below is desirable
- DevOps / SRE
- Networking and Architecture
- Competitive annual leave entitlement, increasing with service
- Enhanced Family Friendly Leave
- Perkbox - many discounts and offers at your favourite stores
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Medicash Cover
- Bespoke training options
- Exposure to senior executives and experts
- Company socials