Lead Data EngineerLondon/flexibleSalary up to £90,000 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a well known organisation in the literary space within a challenging Lead Data Engineer role. The successful candidate will be highly experienced within the data space with a passion for the power of data and will be a technologist with a deep interest in industry trends and developments.
Key responsibilities include:
- Building and maintaining a robust and efficient data pipeline to bring various raw data sources (internal and external) into the cloud based storage and processing platform
- Developing and running appropriate routines, including automation and SPC, to deliver a robust and scalable service with demonstrable data quality
- Supporting the Product Manager, Data Platform to translate and assign the backlog into features and developments to achieve the prioritized business outcomes
- Coaching, mentoring and developing a data engineering team
- Setting the appropriate technical direction for the data engineering team to support the Product Manager, Data Platform and the data strategy
Essential skills required:
- Proven leadership ability
- Very strong SQL
- Very strong Python
- Very strong ETL
- Extensive Data modelling experience
- An ability to engage with senior business stakeholders
The company are based in London but are open to flexible (partly remote) working. This role would suit anyone who is already a Lead Data Engineer or someone who has earned their stripes at Senior level and is now ready for the next step up.
If you are interested, please apply for full details.