Field Service Engineer, (Analytical Instrumentation- DeltaV)
Location: United Kingdom with travel to other European client sites.
Type of Assignment: Fulltime
Does working with a dynamic and entrepreneurial company in the Biotech space excite you? From off-the-shelf product solutions to custom engineered products and systems, AES provides world leading experience and a record of unequaled innovation to meet or exceed our customer application demands. Every day AES Service Engineers help our customers enhance the productivity of their laboratory processes and drive high levels of satisfaction by delivering expert customer support. As a Service Team Member, you will represent the face of AES and drive best-in-class customer service, responsiveness, and professionalism.
You will train at our Southern California manufacturing site for approximately two to three weeks and will be entrusted to travel to client sites regularly to support AES products onsite with various customers.
Must have the ability to travel by air, vehicle and/or other means of transportation as business requires and have a valid Driver's License.
Enhance the Customer Experience
• Install, maintain, validate and repair AES multivendor instrumentation at customer sites with best-in-class service.
• Provide scheduled and preventative maintenance for customers including warranty services within a prescribed time frame and established maintenance protocols.
• Deliver customer familiarization for instrument operation and maintenance
• Communicate service offerings including training, support, software, laboratory services products and field upgrades.
Troubleshoot, maintain, test, and calibrate industrial instrumentation at customer site.
Install start-up and commission industrial instrumentation at customer site.
• Handle both routine, daily technical support calls and emails concerning post sale product support. Document call as needed. (Zendesk)
• Troubleshoot and maintain instruments that interface to control systems including DCS, PLC's, MMI, SCADA and other industrial field control devices, pressure and temperature transmitters, MFCs, DC motors
• Document field service customer site visits via Field Service Reports.
• Train AES personnel, customers, and Sales Representatives regarding the installation, integration, configuration, service and usage of AES industrial instrumentation.
Support your Team
• Provide service that helps to drive the sale of new service agreements, service agreement upgrades and instrument add-ons to existing service contracts
• Display exceptional written and verbal communication skills and actively interface with peers and customers
• Develop organizational awareness of other functional groups and product lines
Drive Organizational Growth
Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to the installation, warranty, and service agreement documentation standards
• Contribute to account profitability through efficient execution and service delivery
• Perform timely uploads and downloads of DeltaV configuration to ensure the integrity of service system(s)
•• Proactively develop technical and soft skills to maintain and enhance AESs value proposition to the customer
• Enhance AES's product quality by proactively reporting improvement opportunities via the quality notification process
• Seek higher level certification through participation in company sponsored training & development offerings
• Complete all administrative tasks to include but not limited to time reporting, assigned training, etc.
Our ideal candidate has:
• Associates Degree in Applied Science, Biology, Chemistry, Electronics, Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline including military experience OR
• 2 plus years of demonstrated experience in troubleshooting, repairing, installing, and providing qualification services on instrumentation Preferred Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree - Chemical Engineering or 2+ years of laboratory and/or field service experience
• Exposure to analytical equipment, laboratory environment, and/or instrument control software
• Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or the customer's site safety code
• Strong interpersonal skills; strong team player with customer satisfaction focus
• Ability to follow written and verbal directions, read and understand technical bulletins and service manuals, work under time constraints, maintain alertness and concentration, work safely with potential electrical, chemical, radiologic, and biologic hazards using universal precautions
• Ability to operate personal computer to enter data and generate reports, ability to communicate clearly and effectively with peers, managers, customers, and other technical support professionals is critical to successful performance in this role.