We have offices in London, Las Vegas and Uppsala and would appreciate to see you in one of them or working remotely from the place you prefer.Overview
Are you keen to be in a growing team in a dynamic company? Keen to see your efforts contribute to the growth of a fast paced dynamic innovative company. Join our experienced team and help us support highly innovative high-volume, high-availability betting system services and people. We here at Metric Gaming take pride in our meritocratic environment - there will be opportunities to grow your role and responsibilities.
Founded by World Poker Tour champion Martin de Knijff and run by former Executives of some of the most established operators in the industry, Metric is a B2B company that prides itself on thinking B2C. Having developed into one of the most compelling and dynamic independent sports betting suppliers in the industry, the Company's mission is to develop into the leading mainstream sports betting provider with a reputation for building high quality, bespoke and innovative products.
In this exciting mission, Metric is expanding its development teams and wants you, if you are a talented software development manager with provable experience who thrives in a dynamic environment.
Scope of the Role
Working closely with your team members, Enterprise Architect, Product Owners, Development Team Leaders, Quality Assurance and software engineers you will help build and support high performance Cloud based Sportsbooks for worldwide gaming companies. You will work within a tight team in a fast paced, rewarding, supportive and collaborative environment. Learning new skills and improving is something we do as a team on a daily basis.
The key to this challenging position is that it requires a talented individual with a strong development background and will do attitude. Who is willing to work with their colleagues to provide first rate software service in a consistent and reliable manner.
Passion about solving challenges and bringing teams together to achieve business goals and beyond is something that drives you. In Metric Gaming you can expect a highly varied position, a great team environment with many challenges, opportunities and rewards in an internationally growing organisation.
Are you ready to tackle software in a smarter way? Then apply today!
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- Oversee the delivery of software that is inline with the Business strategy and Technology Goals
- Be ultimately responsible for ensuring product software delivery
- Setting goals and objectives for Team members
- Manage DevOps, Software Engineers spread across Frontend and Backend teams across multiple locations
- Collaborate with team members to continually improve standards, technology, processes and tools to make teams more efficient
- Represent all developers in high level planning tasks, and ensure roadmaps are consistent with resource capacity
- Review of output from development teams as part of a process of continuous improvement
- Recruit, mentor and develop software development resources
- Oversee the documentation process so that excellence is achieved
- Build good relationships with your colleagues and peers.
- "Agile" is your preferred way of working.
- Excellent knowledge of the latest changes in software development
- Strong communication skills with all the stakeholders
- Able to motivate a team, recognise good talent and bring out the best out of each individual.
- Able to communicate with all levels of management and peers within the organisation.
- Experience managing large and complex activities and processes.
- Proactive, strong-minded, quick thinker and assertive.
- A mature and professional individual who is self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Be a lifetime learner.
Nice to have
- Working experience in a high performing team environment
- Has worked in a regulated or highly governed IT environment
- Understanding of application architecture and of working with cloud environments
- Experience working with containerized environments
- Experience working with Kubernetes, Linux and with Apache Kafka
- Experience working with modern IT methodologies and frameworks (Agile, GitOps, DevSecOps etc)
Powered by JazzHR