- In a nutshell, we build buses and coaches. In fact, more than half of the buses you see on the roads in the UK are built by Alexander Dennis. We have a huge responsibility for keeping the world moving.
- We are saving the planet. Our purpose is to support Governments globally with their push to reduce pollution and improve air quality by building greener, more eco-friendly buses.
- We love our customers. So much so, almost every bus we build is bespoke - what the customer wants, we will do our best to deliver.
- We have a fantastic Canadian parent company called NFI. They welcomed us into the family in 2019, and we haven't looked back ever since.
- There is no doubt about it - it was a tough 2020 for Alexander Dennis. But now we are building back, winning new orders in Germany and Ireland which will be manufactured right here in the UK.
- Our global footprint is pretty impressive. We have a presence in some super cool places across the world from Hong Kong to Auckland to Toronto.
Want to know even more? Check out our YouTube channel here!Your Dream Role
- Simply put, you be a Design Engineer within our NPD team, undertaking all required design tasks to meet business requirements.
- You will produce, issue and control accurate bills of material and generate specification documents for the design team in line with project requirements.
- Our customers mean a lot to us. Develop and design product options in line with customer specifications, and to provide zero emissions solutions for all products.
- Partner with production to ensure vehicle is designed for manufacture and built to correct specifications.
- Take 3D-CAD assemblies and components and produce engineering drawings which can be issued for manufacturing.
- Produce build drawings, workshop procedures and record modifications/improvements during development builds.
- Opportunities like this don't come along often - you will have exposure to a wide range of projects and senior stakeholders globally.
- Experience in a similar role within a similarly complex and challenging business.
- You will have an active interest in vehicle-based technologies and have a good understanding of vehicle design and a working knowledge of 3D CAD.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships across all levels of seniority, internally and externally.
- You won't be afraid to challenge the status quo, constantly striving to improve the way we do things.
- Things can be hectic here. You will remain calm under pressure, be able to multi-task and deliver projects on time.
- Generally, someone who is approachable, with a strong work ethic and a desire to succeed.
- Minimum of an HNC in Mechanical Engineering.
- A competitive salary package - we aim to reward our people at the level they deserve.
- A half day every Friday. Yes, every Friday. A long weekend, every weekend.
- The opportunity to work for a company doing amazing things for our environment.
- You will work with some incredibly intelligent and driven people and get involved with complex projects which you won't find anywhere else.
- We don't employ people and tell them what to do. You will have the opportunity to change and improve the way we do things which is always good for your personal development.
If this sounds like you, then it would be great to hear from you. Alongside uploading your CV, it would be great if you could include a short covering letter detailing the reasons why we should hire you!
- Recommend a friend is applicable for this role.
We care deeply about being inclusive and we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Due to the volume of vacancies and applications, we would prefer that you submit your application online. If however, you require an alternative method of applying, please give us call on +44 1324 621 672 or send an email to email@example.com