Do you have an eye for detail? Are you driven by finding defects and ensuring top quality solutions? Do you like working in a fun, vibrant environment? Yes - then we want to hear from you!
Switch Studios Ipswich is an established developer of high-quality casino table games for online and mobile platforms and we are working with some of the biggest players in the gambling industry. As part of Switch Studios, you would be working for one of the foremost providers of gaming technology in the world.
At Switch Studios we're working with the latest tools and technologies, we pride ourselves on having created a thriving collaborative environment in which exceptional people are empowered to deliver the very best software of their careers.THE ROLERole Purpose
As an Automation Tester, you will be responsible of keeping our products and releases to the highest standards. By creating, documenting and implementing test cases to run in our continuous integration pipeline. Following up on found issues and making sure they get resolved. Implementing test cases and strategies to reduce bugs that make it to the production environment.Key Deliverables:
· Ability to be able to create, run and analyze tests and the results.
· Complete relevant test documentation - Test Plan, Test cases, Test execution report, release information and sign off.
· Continuously monitors environments and report environment issues with specific details and completes trouble shooting of issues.
· Ability to analyze and understand product requirements.
· Perform a variety of testing activities including unit tests, sanity tests, functional, integration, regression & user acceptance testing.
· Integrating automated tests into the CI/CD pipeline COMPETENCIES: Detected and Tracked Defects
· Ensures all defects are addressed with stakeholders, according to status before sign off.
· Ensures defects are retested and statuses updated
· Ensures high priority defects found early
· Ensures that there are no duplicate defect entries on the defect tracking system, when entering defects.
· Maintain a good defect detection rate.Test Documentation
· Reviews team test cases and test plans and confirms test approach etc.
· Ensure knowledge share documentation is maintained and updated for new tools and features.
· Ensures checklists and test plans are continuously updated as requirements/acceptance criteria change.Test Environment
· Ensures environment is available for testing and both internal and external pre-requisites for testing are met.
· Follows the installation guide for successful deployment of features branches through to integration and UAT environments.
· Verifies and compares final release from all previous releases to ensure all code changes (including branch merges) are included and tested.Test Preparation & Planning
· Ensures test data is created/available for testing.
· Participates in identifying test cases, priorities and agreed automated test selection
· Proactively involved in refinement, planning and retrospective meetings
· Reads release documentation and finds out all relevant information regarding the project and any external factor that may affect the project before
· Test tool/test data investigation and communication of findings if required.
· Verifies the release, ensuring all code changes are documented and traceable.
· Reviews any missed/Live issues and implements improvements to ensure better future quality.Tested Software/Test Execution
· Sense of ownership for quality by contributing in test process/test cases improvements and bringing up innovating ideas for procedures, tools or methodologies
· Capable to perform test trouble shooting, issue identification and root cause analysis
· Follows up on deployment and live testing.
· Ensures software version control is adhered to.
· Follows-up on all issues raised - communicates with developers and other stakeholders
· Practices test case monitoring and management.
· Tests software installation/deployment and verification.
· Verifies Logs, traces and data confirmation during test execution. KEY TECHNICAL SKILLS
· Know how to program in an OOP language at an intermediate level (i.e. C#, TypeScript).
· Problem solving to an advanced level programming
· Understanding and application of asynchronous programming
· Understanding and application of SQL queries
· Producing clean, maintainable code and enforce it in others
· Know how to use the SOLID principles within development
· Preform code reviews to enforce clean code and coding standards; critique code for better/easier ways to solve complex problems
· Know and implement design patterns within code to make it easier to maintain and read
· Keeping code DRY and Clean TOOLS
· Knowledge and application of continuous integration and deployment pipeline with tools such as (Azure DevOps, AWS CodePipeline, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy)
· Good understanding and practical use of our version control system (GIT/SVN/Perforce)
· Good understanding and practical use of our test automation framework i.e. Jest, Cypress, XUnit WHAT WE OFFER
- We understand that having a healthy work-life balance is essential and in return for your dedication we offer multiple benefits to suit your needs including flexible working hours, free health insurance, free gym membership, daily lunch allowance, pension scheme with company contributions starting from your first payslip, 25 days a holiday per year, social events and much more.
- A commitment to remain a remote workforce until we feel it is safe to return to our newly refurbished offices.