About The Team
Financial Decisions and Analysis (FDnA) is the modelling and analytics Centre of Excellence within PwC Deals, and one of PwC's highest growth teams. We focus on the application of leading edge modelling and analytical techniques to help clients make good decisions and solve problems. We work on some of the most high profile deals in the market, across a wide range of clients and sectors.
FDnA sits within the Transaction Services team in Deals and provides support to private equity firms, investment funds and corporate clients through mergers, acquisitions and disposals.
We are now looking to recruit a number of Managers to join our high performing team, with a specific focus on modelling but with significant opportunities to support across the whole modelling and analytics spectrum of services. We are looking for a diverse mix of people with a commercial mindset who can quickly get to the crux of business issues and deliver commercially "game changing" insight to our clients, enhancing value through compelling analysis. If you are naturally inquisitive, have an analytical mind and enjoy solving problems in a rigorous and logical manner, for a variety of different businesses then this is the role for you.What we do
Every assignment is different, but we broadly define our offering under the key headings;
About the Role
- Deal Modelling - increasing confidence in the deal by developing operational, financial and LBO models or by providing independent model assurance for some of the largest transactions and restructurings in the marketplace.
- Deal Analytics - providing quantitative insights in the deal process e.g. into customer behaviours, sales and marketing effectiveness, costs to serve and product profitability
- Post Deal - driving performance transparency (cash forecasting, strategic planning, and reporting) and value creation to support the investment thesis through a technology enabled approach e.g. margin optimisation, strategic options analysis and operational effectiveness.
As a Manager, you will be supporting a broad range of assignments, stretching yourself across many different industry sectors and engaging directly with the senior management team and stakeholders of our clients with a specific focus on financial modelling. Your first assignment may be working with senior management of leading PE backed or FTSE listed businesses and their lenders to:
- Improve clarity and transparency for investors by developing a driver based integrated model;
- Design a short term cash flow model to help our client to actively manage liquidity;
- Build a financial model to support our client at various stages of the deals cycle;
- Identify and forecast restructuring options, and critically assess key risks and sensitivities;
- Support investors secure their funding needs on a high profile acquisition
Your responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
Essential skills and experience
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above;
- Manage complex projects;
- Train and lead staff;
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients;
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen;
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues;
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients;
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand.
- Working in multidisciplinary teams directly with our clients to use data analysis, modelling and visualisation to support a Deal or restructuring process;
- Clear and concise communication of complex concepts and their business benefits to senior management and stakeholders (both internally and externally) from a range of backgrounds and business areas to help clients make robust, evidence based decisions;
- Connecting the dots from disparate information streams (e.g. extracts from client system, management reports, contracts) and turning them into structured data that can be analysed as part of a Deal or restructuring process to provide greater insight to our clients;
- Drafting reports and presentations and communicating our findings to clients and their stakeholders.
To be successful in this role, you will also need to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified ACA/ACCA or equivalent;
- Experience of modelling and advanced excel skills, with a desire to develop these further;
- History of independently managing and delivering smaller scale projects
- Capable of contributing to research and business development, searching for and identifying prospective opportunities and supporting senior staff in the sales process;
- Exceptional analytical and technical aptitude, possess both financial and commercial acumen and enjoy problem solving to understand the drivers of a business, analyse their data and use this to provide insight and advice to our clients;
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and self-starter mentality, and be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity with little supervision to come up with creative solutions to complex problems and develop these ideas into structured deliverable projects;
- The ability to manage time, prioritise tasks, self-review your work and produce deliverables of a high quality under tight client deadlines in time pressured environments;
- Passion for innovation, technology and new tools, and applying and developing yourself to new areas (e.g. quickly getting up to speed with tools, analytical approaches and business challenges);
- The ability to build collaborative working relationships at all levels, establishing credibility both internally and externally.