About The Role
This role will play a key part in developing and delivering IAG Loyalty's Reward app platform. The Tech Lead will report to the Product Owner (B2C Platforms) and work closely with two Product Delivery Managers and be responsible for the technical enhancement, delivery and continuous improvement of the Reward App Platform. This includes recruiting the right technical skills for the team as necessary and providing line management for the technical roles across the team.
The candidate should have a strong technical background coupled with demonstrable experience in developing scalable, high quality and high-performance software products.
The successful candidate will have experience in developing solutions in multiple languages and platforms, have strong knowledge of APIs, architecture, AWS and developing mobile apps.
The candidate should be comfortable architecting the solution, looking at feasibility and technical constraints, ensuing the system architecture and technology stack will support the intended product and enable the overall product goals. As well as architecture the candidate should expect to develop solutions themselves.
It is essential that the candidate has experience in working in agile teams and be obsessed with delivering customer value. Ideally, the candidate should have a proven track record of delivering innovation.What You'll Be Doing
What we're looking for?
- Take full responsibility for IAGL's mobile app full stack including its Prepaid Card product
- Working closely with the Team's Product Delivery Managers to lead the continued technical development of the Reward App platform with the aim of facilitating maximum enablement for product and feature development and improvement
- Lead and work collaboratively and openly with the other disciplines within the App Squad to deliver high quality work at velocity with the highest quality
- Provide, insight, ideas and solutions when user stories are being constructed and then own the delivery
- Be on the cutting edges of software engineering development and be a subject matter expert for the rest of the Squad
- Line manage the various technical roles in the team, coaching and mentoring accordingly
- Be a friendly and supportive team player
Key Skills, Qualifications, Expertise And Experience
- Passionate about delivering customer value
- Committed to delivering agility and passionate for innovation
- Data-driven, customer focused, proactive and creative
- Self-motivated leader with uncompromising attention to detail
- A problem solver and collaborator who loves a good challenge
- Obsessed with technology, with a good understanding of the wider landscape and innovations that could benefit our business in both the short and long-term
- Technically astute, being able to advise and lead all aspects of technical development - able to have conversations with developers and understand what is and is not exposed through APIs and therefore what can and cannot be exposed within the app
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change
- A sense of urgency, humility and a drive to make others successful
- Able to work and deliver high quality designs to deadlines
What We Can Offer You
- Significant experience as a developer or software engineer
- Experience in agile/scrum is essential with a deep understanding of agile working principles (specifically Scrum and Kanban)
- Proven track record of delivering mobile projects with exceptional quality and resilience
- Proven experience developing and delivering enterprise level API's
- Highly familiar with continuous integration, devops and collaboration tools such as JIRA
- Deep understanding of Microsoft dotnet stack, with particular attention to the Microsoft dotnet core framework (V3.1 and above)
- Enterprise level proficiency using the C#, JSON, YAML scripts and languages.
- Deep understanding of REST, with particular attention to ASNET Core API
- Deep understanding of the AWS cloud eco-system, including Lambda, S3, DynamoDb, AWS Search and CloudFormation
- Deep understanding of Container technologies (Ideally Docker/ AWS Fargate)
- Some experience using Severless™ technologies.
- Good experience using terraform (with focus on AWS stack)
- Deep understanding of distributed source control using BitBucket and GIT
- Good understanding of CI/CD Pipelines using BitBucket
- A strong advocate of software development best practices, including Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Some experience using Integration Testing software, ideally Assertible/Postman
- Proficiency at generating high quality technical documentation
- Able to work within a focussed team - working closely with the QA lead to understand acceptance criteria
- Ability to work constructively, collaboratively and considerately with the other disciplines within the Squad
- A deep upstanding of lean development
- A deep upstanding of what is a true MVP and the merits of working to an MVP
About IAG Loyalty
- Up to £72,500 depending on experience
- Annual performance-related bonus, company pension, private health care, travel insurance and life assurance
- Exciting global travel industry discounts including flights with hotels, rail, cruises & tour operators
- One non-contractual Management Annual Bookable Travel Concession for employee, partner and dependants after 6 months service
- After 6 months, you will be eligible to unlimited standby and premium standby fares for you and your nominees on the full BA network and numerous other partner airlines
- Discounts on BA flights and holidays from day one for you, your friends and family
- Cycle scheme
- 25 days annual leave, plus 2 days charity leave
- New Joiner Avios/Birthday Avios/Thank you Avios
- Plus many more benefits
Inclusion and diversity are integral to the success of IAG Loyalty. We continuously encourage an organisational culture where colleagues with varying perspectives, life experiences and backgrounds can work together to achieve their and the organisation's potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.