Main Function of Role
The main function of the job is to design DC-DC converters and AC-DC converters to increase the company's product portfolio. Job Specification
- Design 1-30W isolated DC-DC converters and AC-DC converters for Industrial, Energy, Medical, and Automotive applications.
- Lead development projects from kick-off through to manufacturing introduction.
- Assist in creating design specifications, working closely with the Business Development department to exceed the customer's expectations.
- Take an active role in performing verification and validation tests. Guaranteeing the product meets the converters specification and the company's reliability targets.
- Assist with training and mentoring the engineering team.
- Solve complex technical/commercial issues, working closely with all engineering disciplines within the company.
- Ensure the company's commercial expectations are realised, optimising product costs throughout the development process.
Reputable Japanese company with over 75 years history, very stable and profitable company, good salary and excellent benefits. NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
- A formal qualification equivalent to a UK degree level in Electronics, Microelectronics, Physics, or a related discipline. Candidates with a HND or HNC in a related discipline will also be considered if they have relevant experience.
- 5 years' experience of electronics design, preferably power conversion or analog IC design.
- Has a sound theoretical understanding of analogue electronics and magnetics, including transformer design.
- Knowledge of modern power conversion design techniques applicable to DC-DC and AC-DC converters from 1W to 100W.
- Experienced in transformer design, ideally with knowledge of planar magnetics.
- Familiar with safety standards related to isolated power converters.
- Experience of simulation software used in electronics design such as FEA and circuit simulation.
- An understanding of best practices related to mechanical design considerations within the electronics industry.