Our IT team are vital to our business in many ways.
Not only do they assist their colleagues across the business by supporting and enabling everything from desktop computers and networking to managing infrastructure, they also take care of cyber security and develop applications.
How they do all that is just as important: our IT teams provide services that are bespoke, cost-effective, secure and reliable. They also look ahead to see how IT can help the business to implement strategy and be an enabler for both efficiency and success.
The IT team offers a wide variety of roles and opportunities to work at the forefront of technology using the very latest toolsets. In return, their development is supported and they're encouraged and enabled to maintain their evolving knowledge in line with innovation.
If this is your opportunity to join us, you'll find we offer a supportive, rewarding and friendly working environment where you'll be empowered to build a career. Along the way, you'll be invested in, be enabled by the latest technology and find that we're always interested in evolving our systems and processes so that we get even better, every day.
You will enjoy a package of benefits designed to reward your hard work and incentivise your ambition. Everyone here enjoys a competitive salary, generous annual leave allowance, company pension scheme, protective clothing where required, an Employee Assistance Programme and a managed back care programme.
Western Power Distribution is an equal opportunities employer, a Disability level 1 Employer and a corporate signatory of WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) programme. Our desire is to bring in more employees from diverse backgrounds to build further on our inclusive culture. We value and celebrate individual difference and we believe that an inclusive culture will help the business grow as a positive, strong and innovative company.Job Introduction
An opportunity has arisen for a Governance & Compliance Manager based in our Plymouth office. Accountable to the Cyber Security Manager you will be working within the Cyber Security team, assisting in all areas of risk and policy management.
* The successful candidate may initially be appointed to a lower salary until all relevant training is complete or experience gained.
The Ideal Candidate
- Standing in for the Cyber Security Manager on governance and compliance matters when required.
- Working with other WPD teams and departments to align Cyber Security strategies and policies.
- Managing and tracking projects for system and process changes to ensure compliance with regulatory and government directives.
- Prepare and assure the implementation of Cyber Security policies and procedures, systems and application security plans, risk assessments and training material.
- Membership of professional bodies relevant to Cyber Security and governance.
- Assist in budget setting/planning.
- Identify and manage the development of compliance Cyber Security metrics/KPI's.
- Liaise with third parties and WPD parent organisation in relation to WPD corporate cyber security program where appropriate.
- Represent the Cyber Team in future stakeholder engagements as required.
- Liaise on a regular basis with WPD Telecoms and WPD DSO in relation to Cyber security management processes.
- Have an understanding of WPD's business needs and the Company's objectives and their contribution to the corporate goals.
The successful candidate will have a thorough knowledge of Cyber Security risk and compliance frameworks such as the NIS Directive Basic Profile and NIST as well as a good understanding of Cyber Security policies.
You will have a proven track record of good interpersonal skills and successful communication with senior management and/or executive and board members as well as colleagues at all levels.
Good planning and time management skills are essential as this will be a relatively autonomous role and you will also need strong organisational and documentation skills.
It would be beneficial if you held the following skills, however these are not essential:
- Technical Cyber Security experience
- An understanding of physical and logical IT architecture
- Good understanding of third parties that support WPD
- Broad based IT background with expertise in specific technical, operational or project management areas
- Cyber Security or risk, audit and compliance qualifications (such as CISA certification) or training
For further information regarding the role or a job summary please contact email@example.com