Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
Our teams are located around the world. This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk's Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.Job Description
Wood Mackenzie has an exciting opportunity for dedicated Energy Transition PR Manager within a fast-paced, dynamic global business. The PR Manager will take ownership of global PR campaigns focused on energy transition topics - ranging from electric vehicles, renewable energy, solar, new technologies like carbon capture and storage and hydrogen. The goal is to ensure Wood Mackenzie achieves prominent coverage in regional, broadcast and trade media. This is an opportunity for a creative, digitally savvy PR professional to contribute to an exciting global communications team and support the development of our PR and Communications strategy and protect Wood Mackenzie through reputation management.Role Purpose
This role is a key member of the PR & Communications team responsible for working with key stakeholders to develop and execute a global PR strategy which aligns with our broader energy transition marketing and business strategies. The role will have direct access to our growing team of thought leaders and experts who are contributing to the conversation around COP26 and far beyond. Could you help Wood Mackenzie raise our profile in this space? The role will work with our regional marketing, content & digital and PR teams to grow Wood Mackenzie's brand in our key markets. This position will report to the Head of Internal Communications & PR and form part of a Global team that manages media relations and grows our brand through strategic, proactive media engagement.About The Day To Day Responsibilities Of The Role
- Develop and execute the global energy transition PR strategy working with key stakeholders across marketing and the wider team to maximise impact and ensure alignment with WoodMac's growth ambitions.
- Efficiently manage a high volume of incoming media enquiries.
- Create content and story angles to drive greater awareness around specific issues, or further engagement with specific audiences (e.g. press releases, media pitches, executive communications).
- Publish content on website, social channels, blogs and other outlets.
- Use a diverse range of thought leadership content to support outbound communications and engagement (e.g. press releases, blogs, social media programming, video, infographics, pitches).
- Work with the content team on integrated, joined up activities,
- Build and maintain relationships with key media contacts who cover energy transition topics.
- Support the organization's inbound marketing strategy (e.g. inclusion of search engine optimization [SEO] keywords in PR content, directory listings).
- Support product PR activity within cross-functional go-to-market team for new/enhanced solutions such as Wood Mackenzie's Lens® platform.
You Will HaveQualifications
- Use data to report, derive insights and to improve PR performance across digital channels
- Raise profile of subject matter experts across WoodMac and support them to grow their personal brands via the media.
- Report results, drawing insights and provide recommendations for improved performance.
- Provide consultancy and support to the business to determine when PR will add value to marketing and commercially focused activities.
- Reinforce adherence of PR Policy with analysts.
- Participate in development of crisis response plan and manage media during crisis.
- Support Head of Internal Communications & PR with adhoc internal communications activities.
- No line management responsibilities - not a leadership role but scope to grow into this in the future.
- A Bachelor's degree, ideally in Public Relations, Communications or relevant field
- At least 3-5 years of proven experience in PR
- Demonstrated experience of building relationships with journalists and editorial teams, understanding their needs balanced with organisation's goals
- Versatile skills across PR channels and activities (e.g. media briefings, contributed articles, blogs, news releases, events)
- Experience of working within a B2B environment
- Advantageous to have experience of product/SAAS PR in a global business
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to influence and engage peers
- Demonstrated experience of stakeholder management
- Experience of social media tools such as Hootsuite, Spout Social and channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
- Experience of coaching subject matter experts and spokespeople on media interviews and PR engagement
- Strong communication and story-telling skills and an ability to translate technical information into editorial
- Experience of working autonomously within a matrix organisation
- Proficiency in MS Office and reporting tools (e.g. Meltwater, Sharepoint)
- Digital PR mindset with an ability to identify and appeal to influencers
- Hands on experience of building integrated PR & Marketing campaigns across a variety of audiences
- Project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to quickly understand complex subject matter and simplify whilst maintaining nuance and essence of the key messages
- Experience in Internal Communications and Corporate Communications would be very advantageous
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Consumer Privacy Notice