We're looking for a Customer Marketing Manager (E-commerce), to deliver innovative Digital campaigns that align with the brand strategy, company objectives, and inspire the world into drinking our awesome brands.
Remote role, with travel to our Head offices in London / Kent only necessary for meetings and social events.About Us
Our philosophy is simple. We make and select liquids that are the best they can possibly be, and package them in a way that's awesome. We don't compromise, we don't cut corners and we don't strive to fill niches or build back from arbitrarily-defined price-points. We build the very best liquids that we can, day-in, day-out - and our people are the key to achieving this. We don't know exactly what the future looks like, but we do know that we have a mission - to create unexpected delight as we help people explore, buy, and enjoy drinks more. About the role
Key to the achievement of our mission to create unexpected delight to our consumers, you'll work closely with the E-commerce Partner Manager to drive the launch of our next wave of world-beating brands, bringing them to market in full and on-time. Pivotal to the overall performance of the customer marketing team, you'll grow the relationships we have between our brand, the customers who sell them (for example Amazon, Ocado), and ultimately the consumers who drink them, as well as;
What you'll need to succeed
- Convert brand plans and growth drivers into tailored customer-focused initiatives that are impactful and engaging, identifying incremental growth opportunities as well as identifying and mitigating risk in performance.
- Identify shopper and category insights within the channel, and ensure that these are fed into the brand cycle planning.
- Create, manage, and track annual customer marketing plans that are specific to the channel, accelerate our growth exponentially through targeted activities, track A&P spend, and effectiveness.
- Work collaboratively with the channel Partner Manager to establish both effective promotional mechanics and clear and consistent pricing framework by market and channel.
- Develop clear and actionable NPD launch plans for your channels, ensuring that all growth drivers are taken into consideration and that customers are engaged in the delivery of the plan.
- Manage and control the channel activation budgets ensuring all key activations are backed with pre and post evaluation.
- Be proactive in collaborating with our customers on their plans and help drive the brand love and sales of our products, managing SKUs online, including coordinating brand content, images and descriptions.
- Manage Brandbank and content compliance tools, including producing regular reports.
We're looking for someone to bring with them an enviable understanding of the full brand lifecycle within the spirits world, from above the line campaigns to shopper behaviours.
You will have excellent understanding of growth driver initiatives, with working knowledge of developing gifting and value-add retail solution - all the while accompanied by a strong ability to take strategy to action and ensure plans are not only spoken but also delivered.
This sounds like a bit of me, what do I get in return?
- Strong commercial understanding and ability to drive sales through marketing utilising your amazing communication skills via all means.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as required (ideally including creative agencies and manufacturers), with a strong sense of ownership and an ability to prioritise workloads and manage deadlines.
- Experience working with Amazon and their teams, ideally Google Analytics & Ad certifications as well.
- A crazy passion for digital marketing and its innovation, with superb attention to detail, with an analytical mindset
- A self-starter with exceptional organisation and project management skills. Creative and dynamic, with a passion for craft spirits
- A team player steeped in integrity, who can also work autonomously and independently
- Be energised by working in a fast-paced and agile environment
It's a fair question in a really competitive market for great talent...
We're all about boundless curiosity, so you'll discover loads of opportunities to spark your creative flair and work along-side unreal talent who all have the same job description, to 'Make Atom Successful.' Trust is at the epicentre of all that we can do, so you'll work in a transparent and honest environment where we have each other's backs, and be free of aging corporate policies and rules.
Life here's about so much more than pay and benefits - you might get a slightly higher salary if you cram onto an expensive, crowded commuter train into the city, but you'll struggle to find a company with the flex, agility and unique-ness that we have. In short, we've got you covered financially but if money is your main driver, we're not for you.
We hate waste in all of it's forms and time is no different, so we're focused on productivity and output rather than when or where you work, or what you wear into the office - you can come in fancy dress for all we care! This means that although we can't promise anything, flexible working options are built into our DNA.
Along with the stuff you get for turning up to work each day (think private healthcare scheme, unlimited annual leave, pension, cycle-2-work, eye care, enhanced maternity & paternity, free food, drinks and parking at the office), you'll also get a healthy staff discount on our world-class range (just in case that makes a difference).