At Navisite, celebrating our employees and investing in their well-being and development is not just a priority or an initiative - it's woven directly into our company fabric. Our mantra and unofficial corporate hashtag #SoMuchGood is all about recognizing our team's commitment and achievements, both inside and outside the office. It's that theme that has driven a host of programs at Navisite - it's who we are. What we do is simple: We work hard, we have fun, we give back to the community and we never take our eye off the goal - creating a modern cloud MSP with a global, talented team of employees. Join us and be part of our team!!
The primary role of the Glasgow based Service Desk Manager is to provide guidance and supervision to the NOC Leads and Engineers. The NOC Leads will directly hold accountability of the quality delivered and the people managed in their shift. Additionally, he / she is expected to liaison with the other Global Leads to ensure the standards are maintained across shifts and best practices are shared. The role demands good knowledge of ITIL and hands on experience with some of the basic tools on monitoring, incident / change management, and OS or other tools used to be able to pull more work into the command center from the specialists. The Manager should be an expert on the processes and lead by example to the team members around efficiency and automation.
· Collaborate with the resources of Network Operations Center ("NOC") to ensure compliance of Operational policies, standards and procedures.
· Work closely with NOC Engineers to help optimize and build new procedures to improve response time and reliability of supported services.
· Create and demonstrate special procedures during the Incident Management that ensures restoration of services with minimal customer impact and highest degree of communication - both internally and externally.
· Work closely with NOC Engineers, Specialists, Vendor Partners to ensure network integrity and availability.
· Create and publish daily, weekly and monthly reports to highlight performance of the team and clearly marking the efficiencies achieved over a period of time.
· Work cross-functionally to ensure that all trouble tickets are promptly and effectively resolved.
· Create, document and follow processes across shifts towards a smooth functioning of the command center.
· Ensure timely response and updates from the NOC on service-affecting repairs, collaborating as required cross functionally.
· Identify and support for the training objectives for NOC related to tools, equipment and safety compliance.
· Support and assist with certification and training initiatives for continued education of the NOC technicians.
· Support NOC Leads on hiring, coaching, goal setting, performance reviews, termination, rewards, training, development and scheduling.
· Work with a variety of IT and business groups to analyze, trouble shoot, and develop technical requirements while maintaining excellent business relationships.
Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor's Degree and at least 7 work experience in NOC environment
· Good technical understanding and experience.
· Able to cope with multiple problems in a calm and professional manner.
· Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting (IP addressing, DHCP, DNS).
· Good verbal communication skills.
· Work well in a team and enjoy helping others.
· Friendly and approachable.
· Precision, professionalism, perfectionism, flexibility, passion for new technologies and a pragmatic approach.
· Flexibility in working hours is vital to this position