We're looking for a 2nd Line - IT Service Desk Engineer to join Footasylum to help our service desk teams deliver value to the business.
Due to the nature of the work, you will be expected to work shifts and be part of an on call rota. It may be necessary to work extra hours to finish a job. A typical expectation will be 1 in 3 weekends.
This is a challenging role for an experienced Service Desk Engineer who can
- As a 2nd line IT Service Desk Engineer at Footasylum, you will work with the problem management team and other vital teams within the business.
- You will ensure incidents are assigned to the correct resolver team, as well as making sure information is accurately recorded in the service management tool.
- Ownership of producing and updating documentation of IT Systems.
- Assisting with IT projects as required
- Keep up-to-date with new processes, procedures and development
- Support on PC, desktop, laptop, tablet and mobile
- Providing excellent customer service, supplying fixes when appropriate and escalating technical issues to relevant contact.
This is an opportunity to join the front line of our IT support as a 2nd line engineer, across one of the most exciting retail businesses in the UK. You will be involved in a broad range of tasks; you will be given the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects and will have the chance to develop in a busy department where each team member is valued.
We've been going through a digital transformation, changing how we deliver value to our business. A big part of this change is fostering a culture of being open and honest, collaborating, having fun and enabling psychological safety. We want to create a place for teams to do their best work, and you'll have the opportunity to influence our decisions, help define standards across the teams and contribute to a healthy and happy working environment. You'll have a key objective to ensure that you work in a way that; delivers value quickly and safely, make data driven decisions, work in the open and create a learning culture.Skills & Experience
- PC and Hardware troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office365 troubleshooting
- Windows OS troubleshooting
- MacOS troubleshooting
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Solid Problem-Solving skills with proficient attention to detail
- PC and Networking Expertise
- Solid Communication skills
- Office networking DHCP/DNS
- NTFS / Share Permissions
- Microsoft Dynamics Nav Warehouse Functionality
- Microsoft Dynamics Nav Control Centre
- Navision Job Management
- SOTI Administration & Software Rollout
- MFD Printer(s) & Configuration
Salary & Benefits
We're offering a salary of up to £25,000pa plus shift allowance for the right person, which we assess based on your own experiences, delivery skills and against the principles of our department and our ways of working. You'll also get access to our 'FA Presents' company benefits platform, 25 days holiday and pension as standard, and use of our training budget to help you develop your skills.
We recognise and value the importance of diversity to help make sure we have lots of different perspectives when we are building products and services. We know that this will help us build useful and accessible things which our customers will love. This is great news for our business. Diversity for us is also, importantly, about building happy teams full of people that want to learn and want to be inspired by each other and our different experiences and backgrounds.
We review applications on an individual basis, and if we feel you would be a good fit we'll invite you to meet with a few members of the Footasylum team for an informal chat about the role over Zoom, and to see if we're a good fit for you.
With the COVID-19 situation our teams are all working remotely, adjusting to this new way of working as best we can - and as such we'll help make the interview process as clear and stress-free as possible, giving you the same opportunity as if we were meeting face to face.