About the product and the team
At IAG Loyalty, we help airlines (including British Airways, Iberia and Aer Lingus) and our non-air partners (such as American Express) to build loyalty and customer engagement through aspirational travel rewards.
The Collection Tribe is an agile team working to build compelling new digital products to help customers collect more Avios in their day-to-day lives. At the moment, we are working on a few state-of-the-art brand new products, including a white-label platform to power all of our collection offers but we have lots more exciting products in the pipeline as we work towards our vision.
With an agile and iterative approach, we aim to build fast, get what we've made into customers' hands quickly, and then learn from feedback and how users behave to make our products better and better.About the role
We're looking for a Software Engineer to be involved in the delivery of digital products across the Collection team. You will be working in an agile cross-functional team and will architect, build, release and continuously improve applications serving hundreds of thousands of customers.
This will involve working closely with the Product Owner and Tribe Tech Lead to deliver against both the functional and technical product backlog. Embracing DevOps, you'll work within an agile team, alongside the Tribe Tech Lead, Product Owner, Designers, Dev Ops Engineers and other Software Engineers to learn from customer feedback and release as often as possible.
You'll work across the stack: one day you might be designing intuitive APIs; the next day finding the perfect patterns for a maintainable React codebase; the next working with a Site Reliability Engineer to design our continuous integration pipeline.
You'll use modern tools and technologies like React, Serverless, Cypress and BitBucket Pipelines to build maintainable, well-tested, performant applications which meet customers' needs and provide a great user experience. What you'll be doing
Key personal capabilities
- Write maintainable and well-tested backend and frontend code
- Work together with other Software Engineers, solving problems collaborative and reviewing each other's code
- Team up with our Dev Ops Engineers to ensure our infrastructure needs are met and that our applications can run reliably and performantly in production
- Work with the Product Owner to provide technical expertise, aiding with product decisions and prioritisation
- Build and maintain tools for automated testing, continuous integration and release management
- Respond to and troubleshooting production issues and continuously learning from them, so we can build better and more reliable software for the future
Skills, qualifications, expertise and experience
- You won't be afraid to ask questions, but will dig deep to understand the "why", so you can make the right decisions and trade-offs when building applications
- You will take pride in your code, looking for simple, elegant solutions to complex problems, following the principles of software engineering
- You will love to learn and try new things, rather than assuming that the tools and techniques you know are the best ones for the job
- You will always be on the lookout for the right tools to improve developer experience and help us move faster
- You will be comfortable engaging with non-technical stakeholders, explaining what you're doing and why in a simple, understandable manner
- You will be ready to engage with our Dev Ops Engineers, working alongside them to turn what you've built into reliable, performant and observable production applications
- You will constantly look for opportunities to automate away manual work
- Comfortable working in an environment where change is constant
- Hunger to challenge and innovate the status quo
What we can offer you
- Significant experience working in a Software Engineer or Developer role
- Experience with microservices, designing, building and maintaining APIs
- Solid understanding of cloud architectures (AWS preferred)
- Experience with Domain Driven Designs
- Skilled with config management and infrastructure as code tools (Terraform)
- Proficiency at generating high quality technical documentation
- Experience using container technologies (Docker)
- Experience of using version control software (we use Git)
- Experience of integrating with external APIs
- Familiarity with Linux administration
- Experience of implementing automated testing, continuous integration and continuous release processes
- Familiarity with multiple languages & frameworks, with a focus on choosing the right tool for the job
- Experience of working with designers, turning designs into pixel-perfect real-life components
- Experience in an agile/scrum environment, continuously deploying code day-after-day and week-after-week
About IAG Loyalty
- Annual salary up to £75,000 dependent on experience
- Annual Bonus (dependent on Company & Individual Performance)
- Company Pension
- Private Health Care
- Travel Insurance
- After 6 months, you will be eligible to unlimited standby and premium standby fares for you and your nominees on the full BA network and numerous other partner airlines
- Discounts on British Airways flights and holidays from day one for you, your friends and family
- Exciting global travel industry discounts
- Life Assurance
- Cycle scheme
- 25 days annual leave, plus 2 days charity leave
- New Joiner Avios/Birthday Avios/Thank you Avios
IAG Loyalty is a trading name of Avios Group (AGL) Ltd, an operating company of International Consolidated Airlines Group (IAG).
Inclusion and diversity are integral to the success of IAG Loyalty. We continuously encourage an organisational culture where colleagues with varying perspectives, life experiences and backgrounds can work together to achieve their and the organisation's potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.