is an international business services company employing over 40,000 colleagues across more than 80 countries. Our mission is to protect people and enhance lives, for example by controlling pests to ensure safer foods and medicines, improving hygiene in schools and enhancing interior office and retail spaces with plants and scenting.
We are global leaders and experts in the fields we operate in, investing in training, science, innovation and technology.
Listening and acting on feedback is part of our culture to support colleagues and our customers. Rentokil Initial regards equality and fairness as a fundamental right of all of its colleagues. We live our values of Service, Relationships and Teamwork which were identified by our colleagues across the world.
At Rentokil Initial, our ambition is to become a world-class employer of choice. We believe that by doing what's right for our colleagues we will in turn deliver a brilliant service for our customers and ultimately create shareholder value. This is at the heart of our RIGHT WAY plan.
Creating a diverse and gender balanced workforce is part of putting this plan into action. We value diversity and inclusion and Rentokil Initial is committed to treating all colleagues with fairness, dignity and respect.
As a responsible business we have mitigated 100% of our carbon footprint through the work of climate change charity Cool Earth.The Rentokil Initial family of businesses
Rentokil Pest Control is the world's leading commercial pest control company, operating in 80 countries and ranked in the top 3 in 65 of those countries.
We also have specialist businesses such as Initial Hygiene, Initial Workwear, Ambius, Medical Services, Specialist Hygiene and Property Care, which lead their respective fields.
Across all of our operations globally, we have a positive reputation amongst our customers for our knowledge and integrity.
We have central support functions of Human Resources, IT, Finance, Legal and Marketing & Innovation in the Rentokil Initial Head Office locations and in country.
Working within our functions departments, you would be supporting all of our business globallyYour day to day responsibilities will include
- To assist the Product Validation Manager & Product Validation Senior Engineer to ensure all products developed by Rentokil Initial or on behalf of Rentokil Initial are safe and fit for purpose.
- Execute rigorous testing protocols to ensure product robustness and longevity in the field.
- Provide test support to the design process through to product launch to market.
- To support the In Market Solutions team to validate product changes.
Requirements Do you have what it takes? If you wish to be considered for the role you will need Experience
- Setup of tests for HALT (Highly Accelerated Lifetime test) and ESS (Environmental Stress Screening) as well as ORT(Ongoing reliability Testing) on Rentokil Initial Products
- Execution of test plans and procedures
- Build and Set up test rigs to ensure rigorous testing of product.
- Monitor tests on an hourly / daily / weekly basis.
- Summarise test results in tracking databases as required.
- Monitor and update issue reports as needed, including issues report closure.
- Configure necessary hardware and operating environments as needed to complete assigned testing.
- To execute tests in accordance to the team Health & Safety protocols
- Previous relevant experience within a mechanical/electrical environment
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Positive, proactive and challenging attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interact with colleagues at all levels
- Good problem solving skills with a can do attitude
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Ability to perform root cause analysis.
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Competent in the use of Microsoft applications (Word/Excel/PPT/Google Suite)
- Ability to create accurate documentation and keep detailed records
- Drive and ability to finish tasks
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, capable of working effectively with suppliers, customers and operational functions around the globe.
- A creative problem solver
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working - working partly from home and partly from office
- Rentokil Initial Reward Scheme
- 23 days' holiday, plus 8 bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Death-in-Service Benefit
- Free parking