We're The Very Group, home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people.
We're the UK's largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we've been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we've consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes - going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we've never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We've continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak - and we've done it by transforming the way we work.
We're fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We'll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.About The Team.
The finance function seeks to create and protect the future of the company. And it needs to be reinvented.
We aim to create a new way of doing finance - inspired by the agile digital philosophy and grounded in the approach of squads and tribes. We want the Very way of doing finance to be the new normal. We're excited by the level of change this will involve.
To achieve this aim we need to attract diverse talent into the team. People with passion, ambition, a preference for the innovative, team builders, and relationship creators. We're fans of people who love to learn (and fail).About The Role.
The role sits within the Investment Finance team responsible for the TVG capital Investment portfolio. To provide control and governance to ensure investment decisions are aligned with the overarching strategy of The Very Group. Also to challenge and examine business cases and ensure the plans have a high chance of being effectively executed to create value.
The role spans all functions of The Very Group and interacts with all areas of finance from Planning & Reporting, Cash Management, Management Accounts and Procurement.
Success in the role demands timely delivery of accurate information for stakeholders and Investment Board to enable decision making to be made in the best interests of the Group's long-term performance.Key Responsibilities.
- Design, communicate and manage a monthly forecasting process to produce future 3rd party cost and cash profiles across the capex portfolio
- Produce monthly group and tribe capex reports, incorporating cost and cash actuals and forecasts and providing insight and analysis and 'one version of the truth'
- Design and manage monthly process to forecast contractor cash payments across the portfolio, using complex data sources.
- Manage Littlewoods Ireland (LWI) portfolio - liaise with LWI team and Tech teams in UK to ensure effective governance. Manage intercompany charging and forecasting and provision of financial information to LWI
- Manage the resource charging data and mechanism, ensuring the TRACS system data is accurate, bookings are complete and GL journals are produced on time.
- Qualified accountant with +5 years PQE in a role with significant commercial experience.
- Graduate preferred - ideally in a numeric discipline - Maths, Data etc
- Highly numerate, comfortable with new IT solutions, strong attention to detail.
- First class analytical skills, able to interpret complex data and associated non-numeric information
- Must be an advanced Excel user, able to quickly choose what functionality and data structure is appropriate for the task in hand
- Exceptional interpersonal and diplomacy skills, and the ability to build collaborative relationships with multiple and diverse stakeholders to director level
- Naturally curious and proactive in investigating anomalies, risks, errors etc and suggesting opportunities for improvement
- Well-developed administration and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise own workload and flag challenges
- Able to rise to the challenge when working to tight deadlines under pressure with conflicting priorities
- Strong MS Office skills - Teams, SharePoint, Outlook and Powerpoint in particular
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working culture
- Onsite gym
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing,footwear and home and 15% off electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply..
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.