hackajob have partnered with one of the leading companies in the property development industry that is continuously growing and gaining recognition on the market.
The UK is in the middle of a housing shortage and it's too difficult for property developers to build the places we need. To keep up with demand, the property industry needs to keep evolving and this company is part of that evolution. Their team is supercharging the whole development process by building technology for every stage of a property developer's journey towards unlocking land.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing high-quality applications and will also be responsible for designing and implementing testable and scalable code. Tech stack and responsibilities
The team is guided by their Engineering Values (Confidence, Creativity, Collaboration and Excellence) and Engineering Principles. They champion a culture of 'continuous learning/improvement' and 'respect for people'. As a summary, here's some of the most commonly used tech:
- TypeScript, Node.js, Vue.js, Docker
- AWS - CDK, Lambda, Beanstalk, EC2, SQS, CloudWatch
- Data stores - S3, Mongo, Postgres/PostGIS (Aurora), ElasticSearch
- CI/CD via CircleCI. We deploy on average ~500 times a month
- You will be working in a cross-functional product development team, reporting to the Head Of Engineering.
- You'll play a central role in developing our products and re-designing our platform to work across multiple regions over the next 12 months
- You'll help grow the team and mature our engineering culture, improving our craft and capacity to deliver
Your team will be accountable for:
- Designing, building and operating high-quality software. You build it, you run it.
- Empathising with users and colleagues to understand the problems they face.
- Understanding, importing and connecting datasets as part of the product ... fast, automated, repeatedly.
- Building systems for storing and accessing data, moving it to where it needs to be, easily.
It is recommended to be experienced in:
- Cloud-based services and architecture (AWS is what they use) with infra-as-code (CDK).
- Working within a team, delivering creative solutions to complex problems.
- Collaborating, understanding problems and defining solutions with those around you.
What can they offer you?
NOTE: Even if the role is remote, you will still be required to be based in the UK and hold a valid visa or have UK citizenship. Unfortunately, no sponsorship can be offered for this role.
- The chance to work in a scale-up environment offering many growth opportunities and challenges in how they organise, what they build and how they build it.
- An emerging, relevant sector (PropTech) and the opportunity to disrupt/challenge the status quo of how the spaces around us are developed, something that got even more important since the pandemic changed the world.
- A remote-first, work-anywhere environment with flexible working hours to help you be as productive as possible and support you in all the challenges life can create.
- Working within a cross-functional, self-organising team with autonomy around how you work in order to best solve problems. Being cross-functional also offers the opportunity to expand your skill set outside of your core expertise.