The Candidate are delighted to be exclusively partnered with a well-funded EdTech platform in their journey to recruit a Tech Lead into their team.
Having already begun shifting the way students and young people across the UK take control of their career options, the business is determined to improve the options young people have at their disposal - guiding them towards a path which not only excites them but encourages them to thrive. With an extensive client portfolio spanning hundreds of educational institutions and UK leaders, such as Vodafone, AstraZeneca, Siemens, NHS, BT & more, the business has developed and hosted a modern platform which has ambitious goals to expand internationally and change the face of education.
As a major milestone towards their journey, our client is looking to recruit a Technical Lead to join their team and act as the technical champion across their product roadmap. Remaining entirely hands-on (this role will be hands on focused with additional leadership responsibilities rather than a bias towards hands-off) across greenfield development of new features & functionality, whilst reporting on technical growth and acting in a leadership across the business, the Tech Lead will be responsible for building a team ready to challenge the norms in EdTech. The Tech Lead will be immediately offered the opportunity to build their internal team alongside delivering technical solutions to the most complex issues in the platform. Alongside building your team, the successful candidate will take technical ownership of delivering the technical roadmap whilst making plans to address long term projects including the creation of automation strategies & CI/CD pipelines. Using one of the UK's largest educational databases, the Tech Lead will have a huge database to allow for bespoke development and integrations which will genuinely change the lives and future of their users.
In terms of working arrangements, the team is built on flexibility and can make the role work around your needs. The ideal situation is to work under a hybrid model of remote & office work - exactly how many days this looks like on either side depends on your personal circumstances. Most of the team work a day or two per week out of their Liverpool office with the rest remote, but if you need to be more flexible than this, the team can work with you.Key Responsibilities of the Tech Lead:
The Ideal Candidate
- Combine both a hands on and leadership approach to create new functionality & features across the platform roadmap, whilst also guiding your own team members from junior developers through to QAs & Product Owners
- Management of technical resource and taking a proactive stance on the recruitment of talent into your team
- Continually stay up to date with modern technologies, methodologies and workflow techniques with a keen eye on continually improving the technical divisions approach.
- Effectively communicate with both technical & non technical stakeholders across the business, forming strong relationships with those around you to embody yourself into the collaborative philosophy.
- Address immediate technical requirements in the product roadmap whilst working towards longer term aims of establishing a modern & automated CI/CD pipeline and integrations across the huge dataset.
What's In It For You:
- Previous experience leading a development team with a solid understanding of wider technical functions and their importance of growing a development unit (product, test, project & more).
- Enjoys being within a start-up / scale-up environment where you have the technical autonomy and freedom to be the decision maker for significant changes.
- Built platforms hosted in AWS with wider experience using Kubernetes & Docker
- Past experience of creating CI/CD pipelines from scratch using automation tools such as Team City & Octopus a bonus but it is essential you have knowledge of CICD pipelines for continuous release.
- Passion for education is an absolute MUST. The idea of changing the future in education and providing a platform for young people must excite you.
- Strong communicator with a natural positive outlook
This could be the perfect role for you! Apply online today! Please note due to high volumes of applications unfortunately we are not always able to respond to all unsuccessful applicants. However we wish everyone who applies the very best with their job search.
- Salary £70,000-£80,000 depending on experience
- Hybrid working
- Technical autonomy and opportunity to scale your own team in an exciting technical environment
- 28 days holiday
- CPD training budget